Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Hi Skinny, Looking forward to a bit of lathe time, been a while!!
What do the MC's use for a pivot bearing? Wondering whether I should make a steel bush with lube channels rather then a steel rod with plastic bushes?
Either way, stiction shouldn't be a huge issue, but strength & longevity should be a priority.
It might be important to know what the bearing surface in the frame is, that will dictate the choice of material
Meanwhile, I am now quite fond of the RTS, having never really ridden it before the other weekend.
I don't have any forks that fit with a canti brace, so it will be all the XTR off the Diamondback on to the RTS, and it will be the current #1.
So much to do...

Is the Shockwave swingarm pivot bushed??? My Tremor (albeit a couple of years newer...) pivots on big-ass cartridge bearings.

IMG_1925-1.jpg

IMG_1930-1.jpg

err since when did you have an MC???? Nice DeeMax rims fella!

Pete, do the RTS up, such a classic bike mate! I have that GT saddle here that would be perfect for it.

As regards the MC, this has the following:

2 delrin bushes that i extracted from the frame, and a dodgy pivot pin 18mm dia x 100mm (approximate as I don't have my vernier's to hand)

5838729547_9f9f186d2b_b.jpg

The swing arm has 2 cinch type bolts as well.

The swing arm cinch area is appx 20mm diameter so 2mm difference presumably for the outer pivot bushes

so basically I need 1 main pivot, and 2 outer bushes that screw into the ends of the main pivot similar to this sketch i knocked up...

5839380504_60038b71dd_b.jpg

Skin, I might have something @ work that will do the trick (or at least part of the job...). Need to know:

* Swingarm pivot area I.D (i.e. swingarm pivot arms inside to inside)
* Pivot bolt diameter (bush I.D.)
* Swingarm l & r side pivot hole diameters

* Swingarm pivot area I.D (i.e. swingarm pivot arms inside to inside) = 68mm (90mm os to os)

* Pivot bolt diameter (bush I.D.) = 18mm

* Swingarm l & r side pivot hole diameters = 20mm

I checked yesterday arvo & we don't have any pivot bolts > 15mm dia. sorry. What about just getting an 18mm bolt & modifying the head & nut?

i reckon Pete can masheen me something trick up, he loves the challenge! Other than that it will prolly be a sawn off 18mm coach bolt with a nail welded to the end!

If petes busy I'll probably go round my mate Lex's place in Noble park and get him to machine me something up on his big CNC jobbie.

yep i'm in mate weather looks promising too

p.s. the Shockwave went to the strippers today ooer..... should pick it up tomorrow all nice and shiny ripe for paint!

FAO Sydney-ites :

Friend of mine has recently moved over there and is looking to get a bike (modern, I'm afraid)

Any of you guys know the better bike shops in Sydney or any good deals for around $500?

thanks in advance for the help :) Max

Latest posts

Back