One i built earlier - GT Outpost 1992

rumpfy":5jy33z94 said:
Let me get this straight...you pirated parts from two other crappy Outposts...to build up one crappy Outpost?

:roll:

I like it. It reminds me of fun times. :cool:

rumpfy":2ucntdtw said:
Let me get this straight...you pirated parts from two other crappy Outposts...to build up one crappy Outpost?

This is the first time I've taken a dislike to someone on Retrobike.

That comment is bang out of order :x

I thought this site was about an appreciation of ALL old bikes, not just top end stuff.

Is it acceptable to slag off peoples stuff?? How would you feel if you posted one of your bikes up, that you'd spent hours refurbing, your really proud of it and someone comes along and says 'what a bag of shite'.

Out of order chap.....that was bang out of order.

Matt, I love it, nice to see one of the splatter GT's alive and kicking! :LOL:

SPESHMIKE":2cf58ef9 said:
Come on John we both love a bit of mutual pi** taking! Maybe these chaps know each other quite well.

Yea, but if not, that comment is a bit harsh.

Good job Matt :mrgreen: for your 1st resto you did just fine and should be prowd. For many its about bringing back memories of there 1st bike, now go ride! :cool:

mattbrown":g4dgecv9 said:
Mr Rumpfy, i have great respect for you, so lets not clash here - lol, of course this isnt a great bike, but we all had to start somewhere, and it is my first project, to right the wrongs of being a ignorant child.

I get wanting to have back the bike you used to ride from your childhood.

I guess what I'm having a hard time with is needing to have two additional donor bikes to get one complete bike. At the end of this exercise, you may have spent more to restore a low end bike that it originally cost in the first place.

With such a mass produced bike, no complete, clean example was to be found?

At the end of the day, if the whole process makes you happy and the result is a bike you wanted and are proud of...then thats all that matters. Doesn't matter what I say. It seems you understand that. :)

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":2e757883 said:
Is it acceptable to slag off peoples stuff?? How would you feel if you posted one of your bikes up, that you'd spent hours refurbing, your really proud of it and someone comes along and says 'what a bag of shite'.

Out of order chap.....that was bang out of order.

I'd love someone to do that. What do I give a sh!t.

Matt let it roll off. Doesn't matter what I say about it.

Bang out of order...I'll remember to be gentle when talking about your bikes. ;)

Rumpfy, your bikes are a pile of shite. Send them to me please. :twisted:

I am astounded that the bike cost 250# new. Ouch. To the kids of today, do what I did - work at a bike shop - don't deliver papers. :D

Back