RetroBike Special Event: Mountain Mayhem 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted I cant make it . but looking at the weather forecast might not be such a bad thing . :LOL:

I was there in 2008 and never again .

cchris2lou":egylfbph said:
Gutted I cant make it . but looking at the weather forecast might not be such a bad thing . :LOL:

I was there in 2008 and never again .

With me forever Chris. This was a bad year. I remember seeing your face at 2am. It was lashing down. It was freezing. It was muddy. It was franky shit.

Aargh.... can still visualise Max coming out of the pissing gloom at 2.30am after a 2.15 minute lap mumbling 'yer dinnae wannae go out there laddy...'. I got back after an extended dawn walk an hour and three quarters later with a flat tyre adding insult to injury. The horror, the horror.

At least it was the year the heckling tent was born - The Guv'nor going beserk at all and sundry was a troubling if amusing sight to behold.

2007 wasn't a bundle of laffs neither...

Thinking I'll hit Wiki for some more original battle quotes to replace the tired Somme references...

Just looking at that forecast and it seems that visibility will be ranging from good to excellent.

Which is a positive.

I've sorted out a selection of tyres ranging from dry weather to full on mud spikes. I'm guessing I'll need the latter.

Panaracer Spikes are not good at MM . You need a thinner tyre . Continental do a 1.5 mud tyre which is perfect for MM .
The forecast looks really bad again this year .
I hope you all have plenty of spare brake pads , you are going to need them .

2009 was brilliant though .

Have a good time guys .

The latest metoffice forecast isn't so bad, certainly don'tthink it'll be worse than '08. Given it's been so dry I'm hoping it won't get too muddy too quickly.

Tyre wise I think narrow is key. Running 1.7 Z-Max which'll be fine regardless.

May see some of you there, I’ll be riding with thefeedstation.com, will be on my Giant FS but seeing the forecast might also bring my rigid Ti Ibis SS!

cchris2lou":1q478ubs said:
I hope you all have plenty of spare brake pads , you are going to need them .

no you won't. The wheels will stop rotating all by themselves by about lap 3. You'll have mud brakes. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back