Yeti ProFRO Disc retrofit project (building)

Wow, I didn't even know that that frame isn't a real C-26. Very nice build indeed. :D I approve of these 'modifications', but wouldn't do it myself.
It's all fine by me as long as people don't try to sell them off as genuine ones. :? Could be lucrative though, since the last 'real' one sold for around 12000 USD.
*edit: Good info on the site too, thanks!

Not sure it's fair to call it "not real". "Not original", maybe, although original tubeset and builder. Maybe just "deferred" ;) Anyway, didn't mean to start a debate about C-26 repros, I was just using that as an example of a rather more dramatic FRO "modification" :)

MikeD":37pczfg3 said:
Not sure it's fair to call it "not real". "Not original", maybe, although original tubeset and builder. Maybe just "deferred" ;) Anyway, didn't mean to start a debate about C-26 repros, I was just using that as an example of a rather more dramatic FRO "modification" :)
I didn't read it all through before I made my comment, ''deferred'' sounds much better in place indeed! :)

I am behind you all the way (said the Bishop to the Acress), hot-rodding this NOT RARE frame is perfectly cool.

Have any of you people ever been to a car show? No one rolls around on the floor moaning over a chopped, channeled, smoothed, fully independent, disc braked, V-8, 32 coupe!

Thanks Lid, Then I am off to the bike smith to pick up the frame and fork - excited as a little child :D Pictures to come later...

yeti-man":1x4rz62q said:
Allso I am not desided on to use the "Yetiman" headtube decal or to go with the modern alu crest?

Sorry man, no hard feelings really, its just metal pipes... but think about it, if the answer to that question is not clear as water maybe you are not a so hardcore Yeti rider after all (and now I am not talking about the pathetic tribe marketing bullshit mtbr-yeti sheeps love to claim they belong to).

This kind of modding of collectors pieces is the no 1 reason I specifically ask whoever buys my Yeti frames I had for sale not to mess with them.

erkan":2xyy2t6m said:
yeti-man":2xyy2t6m said:
Allso I am not desided on to use the "Yetiman" headtube decal or to go with the modern alu crest?

Sorry man, no hard feelings really, its just metal pipes... but think about it, if the answer to that question is not clear as water maybe you are not a so hardcore Yeti rider after all (and now I am not talking about the pathetic tribe marketing bullshit mtbr-yeti sheeps love to claim they belong to).

This kind of modding of collectors pieces is the no 1 reason I specifically ask whoever buys my Yeti frames I had for sale not to mess with them.

you are free to mean as you please just as like myself iam free to do or mean as i please.

Latest posts

Back