Selling a road bike

azaro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Got a new trek road bike last year and just don't ride it (done 1 ride of about 12 miles!) as I prefer my MTB's.
Therefore it's immaculate.
Where is the best place to sell it? Is this forum an appropriate place to advertise a new road bike?
(Not keen on ebay due to rip off fees!)

At this moment you could advertise it here. No problem. Do not know whether you'll find the right audience, but you could try.

I do not know other ways. In Holland free classified sites are very popular and eBay is pretty much non-existent, but I am not familiar with the UK situation. Others will.

I'd try sell it here or gumtree...just to avoid ebay stiffing you for 10% then 10% paypal.

Although that said you get so many more viewers on ebay that its almost worth paying the 10% then only accepting cash on collection or cheque.

gumtree is good, and you could try the road bike section on pistonheads (its in the non-motoring section) as its free...

Try one of the other cycling forums like Bikeradar. Gumtree is often full of knock-off kit, so people expect bargain prices and no questions asked.

have you tried loot ?
the manchester edition used to be ok for selling bikes
not sure if its still free
agree about flea bay fees are getting silly
but obviously you have a wider audience

1duck":1p57892l said:
I'd try sell it here or gumtree...just to avoid ebay stiffing you for 10% then 10% paypal.

Although that said you get so many more viewers on ebay that its almost worth paying the 10% then only accepting cash on collection or cheque.

There's the thing, ebay is the biggest market by such a long way it can be worth paying the fees.

For marketplaces I'd recommend here (obviously), ebay, veloriders, bikeradar, singletrack & ctc forum.

John":f8mdto7p said:
There's the thing, ebay is the biggest market by such a long way it can be worth paying the fees
+1. It's also probably worth trying your LBS or Halfords for a used bike box, as being able to post it helps too.
I've only sold a few bikes on Ebay, but they've all been sniped up to silly money in the end. Easily worth the fees in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back