Offroad Master 1989

cranks and shifters were tat, but i was really chuffed with how much useable stuff there is on it in pretty good condition. the pictures make the frame look a lot better than it is in real life so really does need a powdercoat, the diacompe stuff is good enough to leave as is, or would be very easy to touch up, or even strip and respray

the forks are original to the frame too im thinking, so not sure whats going on with the eyelets. the frame is very light too, so im a really happy bunny :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Good find and well done for following your instinct on this one.

Any plans for it now you've pretty much proven its identity?

white powder coat on frame bars and stem, and then try and replicate the original blue colour on the headtube, with some decals from gil. i think she deserves to be made mint and kept totally original/period after all them years hiding her light under a bushel.

all i need now is a powder coaters i can trust.

anyone know anything about the rear block, it doesnt seem to be cassette or screw on, cant work out how it attaches or detaches :? :? :?

oooh fab cheers, didnt realise there was a supersize option i have been bloody squinting at tha tiny one for ages :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Love that!

You don't see many Offroads - my first bike was one - an Mt.10+2, their entry level at the time and a tiny little frame as I was about 12! Bought new as a pair from Rayments in Brighton.

Interesting reading the catalogue, unless it's a typo it's called a 'Flextem' (i.e. missing the 's').

Charlieboy28":f1ug3l5j said:
anyone know anything about the rear block, it doesnt seem to be cassette or screw on, cant work out how it attaches or detaches :? :? :?

Good skills on getting this and for putting the effort in to restore it - its going to be a really rare beast when you've finished ad that early flexstem is :cool:

I think its a cassette that you need two chain whips to remove - the outer cog is threaded on to the cassette body so you unscrew that with one chain and react the rotation with the other chain on any of the other gears.

Nevadasmith is correct re the cassette.

My mate Simon who is/was head of design at Saracen had one of these when we were at school together. Can't be many left and I doubt Simon would now recommend you cut the bars to 14" wide! Think he is Pie-man on here....

Back