Coaster Brake

trash116

Retro Newbie
Wondered if anyone can help.

I know nothing about bikes, and having been reading on the internet, because i have just bought a very cheap Bratz "lowrider style" bike to do up and have abit of fun with. And learn about bikes.

It a UK bike, but I want to try and get a coaster brake on the back. Ive been scouring the internet to try and figure out what to do. Can someone help. - Is this do-able, is it easy, what do i need to buy, where from etc

Someone has told me i need to buy a new rim with a hub on already????? dont know if this is right where to get one ..

Im really stuck, sorry if its an obvious question.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Sorry. I really am a novice. Im not really sure i understand what you mean. So I have no idea if it does, how do i tell?

Horizontal dropouts: can you move the back wheel backwards and forwards in the bits where it bolts into the frame? If not, you won't be able to use a coaster brake because you won't be able to tension the chain. Have a look at this, some of the advice is iffy to say the least but the pics show you what's what: http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/b ... pouts.html

Back