Dawes Galaxy - finished

Came up looking lovely in the end. You certainly went a bit beyond the £95 though :LOL:

I'm guessing you're looking for something a bit more retro, but I have a set of Shimano M324s for sale - single sided SPDs with a decent cage on the other side. The old model, retro-looking black and silver, not the all-silver ones. I'm after £20 posted.

Thanks for the offer but I am looking for a traditional pedal....not quite ready for spd. As for the £95? I am too frightened to tally up the cost of the restoration.......yikes

No probs. I've got some clip/strap combos but nothing that would match up to the rest of your bike! :LOL:

Great story Nelly and lovely bike. It's a similar era to my bikes so I can understand your motivation but man! that first post almost put me in rehab! I don't know where you found the will to live. Perhaps it's safe to tell you now that it's all sorted out: Boulder Bikes in the US are selling new stock of TA Cyclotourist cranks for... wait for it... US$449.00!! Granted that is equal to about half what it once was, but that's just for the arms! The chainrings, spindle and BB are separate! If you don't believe me:
http://reneherse.blogspot.com/2011/05/t ... s-are.html

b

PS - love some of the other bikes on your Photostream. A really interesting collection, especially for someone like me who is going in the other direction: started with road and heading towards single-speed MTB and BMX.

Reviving an old thread here - looking for advice. So the TA double crankset is all very pretty, but with 6 cogs at the back I am a bit limited in my range of gearing. I plan to do some touring this year - and am wondering if I should bite the bullet and get a triple up front. Big Al at wheel craft has suggested the Stronglight Impact (triple) cranks - I think they come as 46,36,26 - and are priced around £90 & £16 for the BB. I am also thinking bar end shifters would be a welcome upgrade. Anybody care to comment on these upgrades?

Back