Sun Super 5

AndyRM

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
[Long time reader, first time caller and I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to the retro & build side of things]

I am planning to purchase a Sun Super 5, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them? I've not been able to find out much from the t'internet, and had a search here but couldn't find anything..

All I know is that it's from 'the 70s, I guess' and that it's steel with a 23" frame, and looks rather dapper.

The seller is looking for £45, which seems reasonable to me, and is going to include the parts he has stripped off as part of his cancelled fixie-conversion (I plan on turning it back into a 'proper' bike, as I've already got a fixie for knocking about/being an elitist on :LOL:).

Attachments

• 69562823.jpg
    69562823.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,436
Hi, this is a base model from the seventies ( sold in Halfords I believe ), but in very good nick. If it looks as good as the pictures and rides well why not at that price, but be aware the bottom bracket may limit options going forward in that area, if its a raleigh one it will be 26 tpi which is not standard ( 24 tpi ). Terry

Terry, thanks for the info.

Apologies for the n00bish question, but what is TPI? I'm assuming it has something to do with threading, but I could be wrong.

Back