"What a miss" !!! 1978 Original colours Moser BAH

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Tracked this for days, and got waylaid with life for a few hours and wham ....Its Gone ..... What a Miss. Really fed up now :( Gotta wait another 6 months now for another gem to slip the net :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0573002873

Off to console myself with several gallons of very toxic beverage and a boxing glove to punch myself with (beverage is to numb the pain of missing the bike, not the glove)

Later everyone. PS: If the person who bought it reads this "NO xmas cards for you this year ya lucky sod !!!" Laz

OH ... PS: "It went for a measly £165" ..... thats a joke .... a bad one at that. Less than the price of a 1971 3arm campagnolo ???

Attachments

• Moser1.jpg
    Moser1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 564
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Stewie :) How is Quahog these days ? :)

What is "Gixen" ??? "A potent fuel to numb the senses or some local girl you can call on when times are hard ?"

Still fuming (and looking for that god damn boxing glove)

"Inconsolable buddy"

"What did you say Gixens number was again ?" :)

Later Stew, gotta few more coming in:) Laz.

PS: If'n ah don't post for a week it means I won non of the above.

edit: Oh and no matter what you hear from anyone ..... "Red bikes are always the fastest and the coolest when you come second because of the bad back."

gixen is an ebay sniper auto bid thingie if i remember correctly...i disapprove strongly. :LOL:

OK, panic over :) Consoled myself with this beauty.

If I'm not mistaken this has 1958 campagnolo cranks (the rare ones with the lip for the pedal to bind to) on PLUS 1958'ish front & rear hubs :)

"Feeling much better now ....... MUCHO MUCHO"

LOTS of work to be done, but an absolute beauty just waiting for me to fix :) Later everyone, Laz.

PS: Thanks duck :) Much preferred my image of a buxom wench though :)

Attachments

• GButler cranks.jpg
    GButler cranks.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 543
i agree the moser was not worth £165 and i bought it, i rush bought it after missing a few bikes on e-bay and as i only live 2 miles from the seller, i picked it up on way to work , and was in a rush, the bike had been re painted and touched up with brush on paint, all 105 running gear, bb and headset 3ttt bars and stem,-- where the pump is mounted in the picture the holes are diy drilled, so no brazed in threads , the frame is light though, to be honest i debate if it is a genuine moser, does anyone have any info on frame numbers, ? plus the handlebar stem is stuck solid
seat stem is either 26.9 or 27.00, 130mm width dropouts,
either way i am going to have it powder coated, put it back together , new tyres cables etc and ride it--am condidering 3 colour paint job from italian flag to match the saddle in pics
then look for next project
andrew86

Wow Andrew ... small world buddy :) Knew the frame had been touched up on the rears, could see it in the pics. All 105 is a bummer though, but all said and done, the paint job and decals looked original and for my money £165 is cheap for an original Moser. The kit comes as extras when I buy .... that or the frame comes as extras with the kit.

Its not often you get it "all in 1bag" not for buttons anyways. Ebay has gone completely bonkers in the last year, too many folk paying silly money for crap, and far too many very good bikes going very cheap.

Wouldn't like to be a seller right now the buyers are so fickle.

Hope she scrubs up nicely for you Andrew, but an excellent condition genuine Moser frame is for my money worth preserving. Don't honestly reckon a powder coat make over and re-badge will do much for its value either buddy, but each to his own my friend :)

Take care & good luck, yours Laz.

Back