Coolwall June 2011 - Girvin Flexstem

Coolwall June 2011 - Girvin Flexstem

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
GT-Steve":234jts51 said:
Back in 1990 these were a cool thing to have when you were 14 and everyone else had full rigid set ups and couldn't afford to get one of these.

big, ugly heavy and cumbersome - yes.

Cool? - abso-bloody-lutely :cool:

You are the same age as me then! I got mine as a get well present after a big operation from my Dad :D

To be honest it worked better than the Manitou 1s I have on my GT at the moment :D

COOL.

There 100% cool with me there part of mountain bike history and development also look good but never used one though

:LOL:

Going to have to go with COOL purely for the reason that lots of people I knew wanted one back then. :) (But hey, my maxtrax came with cheap elastomer suspension so I was sorted...)

Absolutely 100% Cool.... I'd probably still consider putting one on my Raleigh Dyna Tech. Can you imagine that... double cool... a Dyna Tech AND a flexstem!

There are a substantial amount of retro "things" that don't work particularly well in modern company but are still considered cool - and in my book this is firmly one of them.

If it hit the market today it would bomb, but as a piece of kit in the 90's it was a credible alternative to suspension forks (which lets remember, weren't exactly cutting edge compared to todays offerings...)

The one piece bar/stem combo looks fantastic even today.

Said it before, I'll say it again - just because something is obsolete does not make it cool. Obsolete for a reason.

i really like these they do a job really well
dunno if they're cool tho
i'll think on it

Back