Best way to get my frame looking shiny?

Kinetic-UK

Retro Guru
Hi there, just curious how to get my paint on my bike looking spanking new and shiny?

What would be the best products?

T-Cut?

Turtle Wax?

I'm planning on getting this spray job for it too (lugs painted black)

p4pb6735234.jpg

Thanks for any feedback.

Kinetic.

depends on the condition of the paint, some kind of cutting compound if it's in good nick i guess... I use farcela g3 on my car and it's absolutely amazing

The seller has already got the surface rust off it, I just need to get something good to give it a good clean.

I'll keep that in mind but will it be any different for it as it's steel?

Nu Finish The Once A Year Car Polish works ok (I'm in Canada; not sure you can get it in the UK but something similar should do fine).

T-Cut is a cutting compound i.e. a very very very fine abrasive. It's for removing fine scratches and making dull paint shiny again. If you over-use it, it rubs through the paint!

Turtle Wax is a protective coating that protects the paint against moisture and UV. It also has a nice shiny finish.

My recommendation would be to T-Cut the frame (use a damp cotton cloth), wash it very well with clean water, dry it out somewhere warm and dry, then put some Turtle Wax on it. Reapply the Turtle Wax every now and then.

There is a product in the car paint treatment world called a clay bar, it's actually a hard putty type material which de-contaminates paint very well indeed.

Use the clay bar and then a good paint cleaner like Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Both available in Halfords.

Then a good quality hard car wax.

This is my other geek area, car detailing :LOL: and my prefered suppliers of kit are i4detailing and chemical guys uk

Latest posts

Back