And today I did......

Started to have a look at this Marin Wolf Ridge I picked up last night, that I got off Gumtree courtesy of the link big eck posted.
Thanks eck. :cool:

DSC00326.jpg

Now, going by the frame number it is a '99 but Bikepedia doesn't show a Wolf Ridge of that shape at all for '99. There is a 2000, but it's the later shape frame. Also going by the number it's a Pine Mountain, doesn't mention the Wolf Ridge in the list. :?

It's for my daughter so the spring is a bit hard as it's a 550, will try to get an air shock rather than another spring but might have to settle for a softer spring. Got a new mech hanger coming but if somebody has one going spare I might take it aff yer hands.
So will have to get a set of Hopes working and build a Hope disc rear wheel. Think it will start off with V's.
If anyone has a cheapo 34.9/35mm bottom pull front mech let me know, please.
Need to get the bearings out of headset cups to clean and lube them, do I just bash them gently with tool number 1 and screw-driver? :roll: Will probably change the headset then deal with the bearings in this one later.

kaiser":7g9s1kho said:
Mark what about peeling off the warning stickers and getting them remade? Sounds anal but it'd be pretty cool I reckon. Both zz and tk and maestros with the graphics and aw that.

I might have imagined it but I think you can get warning stickers, like the ones that came on GTs, on ebay.

Buying a cheap u-lock to leave it at work has proven to be a false economy :( :( :(

Leaving work, found the key a little stiff... bit of applied pressure and... SNAP! :roll:

Caught a bus home, have to pack an angle grinder and extension cable for tomorrow.

kaiser":2p9xhqpg said:
Mark what about peeling off the warning stickers and getting them remade? Sounds anal but it'd be pretty cool I reckon. Both zz and tk and maestros with the graphics and aw that.

Jeez, just managed to talk myself out of repainting it and your talking me back into it :LOL:

Might as well cause it'll be a long term project anyway and would be nice to get it realy mint, had another look at the Orange E3 earlier, would be crazy not to continue with that so i'll get that riding first.

I'll have a look for those stickers Rumble ;)

Nice Marin OCP :cool:, plans for it sound great.

irontam":25gi55d8 said:
Buying a cheap u-lock to leave it at work has proven to be a false economy :( :( :(

Leaving work, found the key a little stiff... bit of applied pressure and... SNAP! :roll:

Caught a bus home, have to pack an angle grinder and extension cable for tomorrow.

Watch out Tam, theres a old motorbike theft trick. The lazy owner cant be bothered to take the lock home with them they leave it at work come back the next day the lock has glue in the key hole so the poor owner leaves it without being locked the thief arrives later knowing it wont be locked etc etc :(

Im a biker not a thief ;)

Jimi, I've already done half of those gt deals for my xizang so a few more wouldn't be hard. Measure the height and width of each (around any curves too) and take square on photos - I'll make them up and you can get Gil to print them.

RobMac":2pvzuy1a said:
irontam":2pvzuy1a said:

Watch out Tam, theres a old motorbike theft trick. The lazy owner cant be bothered to take the lock home with them they leave it at work come back the next day the lock has glue in the key hole so the poor owner leaves it without being locked the thief arrives later knowing it wont be locked etc etc :(

Im a biker not a thief ;)

Ta RobMac, good to know but not the case this time: Bike was still firmly anchored to the rack by the broken lock this morning. :roll:

Brought in an angle grinder, now to find a very long extension cable...

old_coyote_pedaller":kiiq2h7a said:
DSC00326.jpg

If anyone has a cheapo 34.9/35mm bottom pull front mech let me know, please.

Nice Bike OCP, on the front mech might be easier finding an E-type (bottom bracket mount)

Back