1991 Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance - Aquafade

What Colour tyres should I fit to an Aquafade build ?

• Standard Black Amberwall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Butterscotch Amberwall ( as pic in this thread )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
theredchili":twoibrxr said:
yeti-man":twoibrxr said:
Congrats with a nice iconic frame incl fork. PLEASE DONT throw on loads of garagequeen jewelry in all colors of the rainbow. A frame like this - in my opinion, deserves to stand out and not beeing suppressed by ridiculous colour trimmings.

"If it was me" - I'll either go for a all black part theme, or plane silver pars, and tan wall tires. Eg all black XTII group or Campag Record OR group.

I here what you say,but equally Fat's had personality which separated them from allot of other bikes at the time

Even the old catalogues show bright colouring which gave them character!

Spot on! but as this catalouge image shows is a rather modest colour theme - only colours here are the time right moby and stem. The rest is - yes silver - plane beautiful.

Go for it :D

Behind the scenes...

Chili,

I'm a little surprised to find that the owner passed on this frame, regardless, I'm pleased it has found such an enthusiastic home.

Here is the blog posting showing the resto, including the original condition of the frame.

http://groovycycleworks.blogspot.com/20 ... ssion.html

FYI, the fork was begun by Chris Igleheart and finished by me...kinda a cool collaborative effort.

cheers,

rody

Thanks Rody ,

I must say , it's a stunning job you have done , going to take me a while to source all the bits as I will cut no corners.
I will, you will be pleased to hear look forward to thrashing it around the trails once completed, I really can't wait !
Great job , great bike
:cool:

Back