June 2011 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumpfy":31xi4ixr said:
If anything other than that C-26 wins, I'll be keenly disappointed.

I think it should be pulled from the vote by John! After all, it was made after 1998 ;)
Tongue-in-cheek comment disclaimer

An incredible commitment to re-producing a C26, but I totaly agree with the only voting for bikes that get ridden comments.
My choosing method is usualy to imagine all the bikes lent up against a wall, and then having to select just one to have a go on.
I'm carrying a bit of terry, so I'd have to take out a lot of insurance before swinging a leg over the Yeti!

makster":1qoyvioq said:
rumpfy":1qoyvioq said:

I think it should be pulled from the vote by John! After all, it was made after 1998 ;)
Tongue-in-cheek comment disclaimer

An incredible commitment to re-producing a C26, but I totaly agree with the only voting for bikes that get ridden comments.
My choosing method is usualy to imagine all the bikes lent up against a wall, and then having to select just one to have a go on.
I'm carrying a bit of terry, so I'd have to take out a lot of insurance before swinging a leg over the Yeti!

Love it!
I like the way you choose the one to vote for.
However, the only bike I could swing a leg over is mine, all the rest are massive gates to me..... :-(
I need a Haro now. Quite a lot. Immediately, really.

Rob Atkin":1qjdh03x said:
kaiser":1qjdh03x said:
rumpfy":1qjdh03x said:

It does seem quite popular but I can see it having a hard time. Something about it looks weird, just not sitting right, looks a bit cheap maybe :? I had another look at ameybrooks and its not a patch on his. Could simply be down to the picture though. Whatever, the Tomac factor might see it through.

+1
I think it's because it's a copy of the real thing. A team bike should have the history of it being ridden, it should have the marks, scratches and dings from being raced. It's impressive what he has achieved with that bike but its nowhere near as good as, say, the Adrian Timmis dyna-tech or the big framed ex-team yeti elsewhere on here (will edit this later when I find the thread!!)

I see what you guys are getting at. My Tomac race replica won BOTY though...no race provenance to it. :(

The C-26 is, of course, splendid. But for me the impact is lessened somewhat by it being the second one on here :)

dinger":176ju8wq said:
looks like the C-26 scared away any other contenders.

There's plenty of people who will only vote for bikes that are riders, and I bet it will be closer than you think. Problem is, the polarizing effect it will have. I'm sensing more mudslinging and posturing to come as the time for the poll gets closer. I don't want to be in the middle of it, nor be part of it.

The C-26....is, well, quite nice. The frame is lovely (altho' aesthetically the rear drop out plates look like an afterthought to my eyes). And, again obviously personal aesthetics, overall it lacks a "one-ness".

That said, it might still get my vote (and with DIFFERENT drops almost certainly would!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back