1999 Psycle Werks Wild Hare

The brake bosse are a bit of a problem.....I thought there were only two standards, M8 and M10. It's not M8. But I tried some off my Pace RC36's, which SEEM to be M10 (unless THEY are of a weird non standard), but they're too big.......guess I'll just order some M10's and see.....

Right, a couple of pics for the lads:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG=http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/1126/hare3.th.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So, no back break yet, play in the shock bush, but she's rolling.....

The whole thing feels pretty high up in the air, which should be sorted when I get the 150mm Noleen arrive. Maybe the fork will have to come down from 115 to 100 again too.......and the 600lbs spring on at the mo is plush as, even when tightened up good and proper...in a nice way though for trail i think.....still looking forward to the 750lbs spring on the Noleen and some more firmness. Firm and low please.

Having said all that i think this Wild Hare is going to stay for quite some time........never wheelied a full sus or landed one.....nice toy!!!! :D :cool: :cool: :D

More proper pics when the Noleen arrives and the final geometry and wheels are in place....really can't wait!!!

This is just ridiculous. To say I underestimated the hassle to get this beauty shipshape is a vast understatement......

The top part of the shock linkage has a hollow bolt with the M6 through the middle and that needs replacing too, too much play....more machining...

And the back break is turning into a nightmare. It's not M8 bosses. Tried it. It's not M10 bosses either, just tried it, too big. Were there ever M9 brake bosses? Or what?? FFS!!

Soooo......

Bought new Avid bb7 and Toronto cycles adapter for back. Adapter here and bb7 incoming. Bought 6" Fox RL......incoming.

I should be almost done. And deliriously happy. The bike rides superbly (from along the river ride testing only....)....and now this:

Had a creak develop last few days and thought it might be the main pivot. Took out re-greased. Nope. Thought saddle, maybe....nope.
Today I find that the bolt from the left seat stay into the little swing arm that attaches to the shock has more or less totally eaten the thread inside. The bolt is fine, but there is little to no thread left in the wee swing arm.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I feel to cry and throw all the toys out!

Now, IS there a way to save this frame, or have I just wasted a LOT of cash and agro...? All I can think of at the moment is to have someone copy the whole little swingarm that the shock sits on, but that would cost way too much I reckon. Is there any way to save a torn out thread that I can't think of??? Somehow fill and retapp it? Am I dreaming? This bike has bloody LOUSY karma.........ffs..... :? :cry: :evil:

where are you getting the bushes etc from?
built one up for my daughter,girvin forks,vanilla shock,hope wheels ,louise brakes(using the rear disc adapter from rock n roll bikes in nottingham) xtr gears nice bike
if i stick a longer seat post in it fits me too!!!!!
the bushes/pivots ok no play at the min but i had been concerened about long term spares
rainbow bikes in usa are aparently connected to the builders but getting no response from them
check the seat post they crack aparently just down from the slot
cracking bikes hope you enjoy it

Hi,

The bushes are these:

http://www.igus-cad.com/?la=101&ArtNr=QFI-1012-08

http://www.igus-cad.com/?la=101&ArtNr=QFI-0809-04

Big ones for main pivot, the other for the rest/chainstay linkages.

Hmm, I bet they crack, as a shim in there will leverage hte seat post all the time......I don't think I have any cracks, although there is a scratch across one of the welds on one side up there which I don't like the look of.

But for now my frame is toast as the littl swingarm which the back end of the shock fastenes to has lost the thread on one side where the seat stay bolt goes in........trying to work out a solution to save it.

Seems the magic spell sounds like this:

helicoil thread repair.......

So still in the game then.....I get scared what else this frame can throw at me......if it dies I'll have to source another, as I love the ride and lightness and have laid down too much cash not to be riding a Hare now......

But for now (until the next possibly fatal problem) the frame is back in the running by tomorrow afternoon by helicoil, and then the Fox shock to pull the back down/geometry slacker should soon arrive as should the back disc break......dare I believe I will have a complete hare to ride soon....
?

Psycle Werks Wild Hare

Sorry all for revivin' an old thread but I have to know what happened to Karloff70's Psycle Werks Wild Hare... 3 pages of posts, nightmares, and updates... and nothing else. I have to know if Karloff70 got his Wild Hare rollin' or did it burn up? What's the story, man?

I live in Southern California, home of Psyscle Werks, I recently acquired a Psycle Werks Wild Hare, love the bike, and have found this old thread to be the most informative thread on any forum. I gotta have some answers...

Thanks again and forgive the revival!

Peace'fo'real,

-D-

Attachments

• PsycleWerksSmall.jpg
    PsycleWerksSmall.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 503
Back