June 2011 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
maverick":34i2crxo said:
Well I was going to enter the Blackstar, but when i saw this I decided that this was clearly the winner and there was no point entering mine against this.
This Rocks. :p

Yeah, Andreas is going to be hard to beat. It is like looking at that MBA advertisement. I never knew anyone who had one.

matthew71":3uzma852 said:
Rob Atkin":3uzma852 said:
And if it isn't going to be ridden, it won't get my my vote. ;-)

+1 , have to agree, if it,s not getting ridden ,no vote from me

That's nice to hear especially now that i can proudly announce that the Scott Superlite has defeated the first mountain last week and it still looks nice and seems to be intact. :D

rumpfy":3trelbc1 said:
If anything other than that C-26 wins, I'll be keenly disappointed.

It does seem quite popular but I can see it having a hard time. Something about it looks weird, just not sitting right, looks a bit cheap maybe :? I had another look at ameybrooks and its not a patch on his. Could simply be down to the picture though. Whatever, the Tomac factor might see it through.

kaiser":1jo9477n said:
rumpfy":1jo9477n said:

It does seem quite popular but I can see it having a hard time. Something about it looks weird, just not sitting right, looks a bit cheap maybe :? I had another look at ameybrooks and its not a patch on his. Could simply be down to the picture though. Whatever, the Tomac factor might see it through.

+1
I think it's because it's a copy of the real thing. A team bike should have the history of it being ridden, it should have the marks, scratches and dings from being raced. It's impressive what he has achieved with that bike but its nowhere near as good as, say, the Adrian Timmis dyna-tech or the big framed ex-team yeti elsewhere on here (will edit this later when I find the thread!!)

I'll say it again, that Haro is lush. If it was my size I would be hatching a plot to obtain it for myself!!

kaiser":mr6r3jbc said:
rumpfy":mr6r3jbc said:

It’s the aesthetics of the front wheel which is subconsciously messing with your mind. Technically speaking the outside spokes should trail on a rim brake wheel so it’s on the wrong way round. ;)

Other than that it looks fantastic although a little drab in comparison to the Grove photos. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back