And today I did......

Thats awesome! should be a cool build. Whats yer plans? Full DX would be nice.

Nice :D

Today I got a ti stem in the post form Oz! and it was Karma too :D

jimihendrix":1roe752k said:
big.eck":1roe752k said:
jimihendrix":1roe752k said:
kaiser":1roe752k said:

Nice :cool: , will need to be doing that to the L&M cranks i bought recently.

ohhhh

pics of the l&m's mark :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

nice work kaiser :D

Will post some pics later, be as well waiting till i polish them :) , they are not the DH ones BTW, they have hollowed out rears.

Came in from work tonight to find a big box in my kitchen (my neighbours are absolute diamonds, the woman who takes my dog out caught the DHL man :cool: )

Was my new Bravado frame :D

SAM_0254.jpg

Has these tiny adjuster screws in the rear drop outs, what do they do ?

Also has a tiny bolt on mech hanger which i thought is unusual for a steel frame.

SAM_0255.jpg

3D forks with multi position forward facing drop outs, cool flip flop stem with double quill.

SAM_0256.jpg

Grove tube.

SAM_0257.jpg

It seems quite a heavy thing, made from True Temper GTX tubing, bare frame weighs around 5lb so will probably build into a 25lb bike, probably still not bad for steel.

Frame is solid but well used, going to sit on the fence while i decide whether to repaint or not (or touch in original paint and re-sticker ?), TBH paint looks better in the pics than in the flesh, also forks are a different yellow to the frame, more like luminous yellow.

Well pleased with it though, will be a nice contrast to the Zaskar :cool:

Needs and deserves to be on top of the page jimi, very nice indeed, you should see how kaiser fairs at the powdercoaters in renfrew if you are going to spruce it up. Give me a shout if you need the m730 xt stuff as i have quite a lot of it hanging about.

Why do i never find the karma Ti stuff??????

clockworkgazz":1g9sf1g0 said:
Needs and deserves to be on top of the page jimi, very nice indeed, you should see how kaiser fairs at the powdercoaters in renfrew if you are going to spruce it up. Give me a shout if you need the m730 xt stuff as i have quite a lot of it hanging about.

Why do i never find the karma Ti stuff??????

Cheers Gazz, will do ;)

Recon it'll need thumbies and theres a pair of nice big four finger Dia-Compe levers up for grabs at the moment, they'd be nice on it.

Rear U-brake is seized so will need coaxed back to life.

May end up mothballing the Orange E3 project and use the bits i'd collected for that though, thats pretty close to being done too :roll:

Very nice Mark. I've sold to 8690q pretty much same frame but Karakoram. Same GTX tubing but maybe I'm wrong, mine had just a single route groove tube. Very solid frame and it does ride very nice. 3D fork is a great benefit too. Sadly '16 was way too small for me. If it was mine I would just touch the paint and leave in original condition. Even battered decals are better than repros hence they're painted or lacquered over?

I Really like that mark, just one thing make sure that stem is done up nice and tight, mine spun round on the first obstacle at golspie - straight over the bars - I'd been riding it for 2 weeks on road (and steps) with no issues.

My have been interested in the 16" Karakoram Rado, though i had my sights set on a Bravado or Psyclone.

Think you are right about the paint, if i repainted it it'd loose the warning stickers at the drop outs and the GT chainstay protector which would be a shame, will T-cut, wax and touch in the chips.

Dont think i could live with the stickers though, ones on dowtube are ok so will probably replace the rest.

Cheers for the tip on the stem Ken :) , having it spin round at high speed would be a shocker :shock:

Mark what about peeling off the warning stickers and getting them remade? Sounds anal but it'd be pretty cool I reckon. Both zz and tk and maestros with the graphics and aw that.

Latest posts

Back