• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
donny70":1cntz1fk said:
Absolute gash. Voting uncool...

Don't beat around the bush donny. :LOL:

Uncool for me too. Not because of the idea, action etc... just because they could have tried a bit harder with longer travel, damping and so on.
Just a bit too half hearted really.

Great Idea for bridleways,light trail and crap pot hole ridden commutes. Had an allsop softride on a Ritchey 'natch' and I loved the feel, as long as It didn't get too technical.

al.

jimo746":1sk8icn0 said:
Of course they're COOL!!! they were the innovative, interesting, quirky, funky looking, workable, front suspension solution for the early 90's MTB'er!!

I agree. Or at least I did 20 years ago...

UNcool.

I went through 3 or 4 of these after I persuaded my dad I needed one to help me stop bending forks!!! I kept breaking the stud that the elastomer was mounted on by pulling up too hard on the bars.......kept bending forks as well, so uncool for me.

Soooooooo Kooool

These are not just cool; they are Uber Cool (with a capital 'K').

These where the affordable fore runners of the bouncy forks that came along after, you may have been able to buy front suspension for your top flight bike BITD, but we were mostly paper boys or girls and worked weekends in B&Q for our dollars, we couldn't afford them.

The Sinnerman and I rode the Offroad Pro-flex bikes out of the box at the Malvern Hills Classic in 1989 (I think) and they rocked. It was weird riding a bike that had a bit of give in the front end, but we all soon got used to it.

Ok, so they creak a bit now (mine does) but so what, so do I!

:cool:

(M/Mayhem + Alpinestars + Saturday = Maverick)

I've voted 'cool' because they look great - they just shout 'Retro' after all, and let's face it they were only ever intended to reduce 'trail buzz' at best... :cool:

Functionally probably crap but I couldn't help voting cool as I do remember owning one and always wanting a Ti version.

COOL! functionally shite maybe? but isn't half the retro stuff we covet the same?

Back