giant atx 2 rear shock

dan robinson

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
i've recently brought a giant atx 2 of ebay and i was wondering if it had the correct rear shock on. its a fox vanilla rc air shock 205mm eye to eye length.
the suspension works fine on the bike its just when i ride it on the road the suspension looks like its nearly fully compressed it this right or what? just for the record i am 15 stone 8 pounds. :?

depends what spring you got on the shock. it might say two sets of numbers - the stroke and the weight. i got a 500lb rockshox spring that could fit it and increase the preload on the shock - by turning the spring in a clockwise motion and that wold stiffen the spring rate, which should reduce compression (i think thats right)

the thing is the shock has no spring its a sealed air unit!?! i've looked at pictures of vanilla shock on google etc and they all have springs!

i got the pic. u would need to get a shock pump or go to a bike shop to borrow one, to pump it up - between 100 psi and 180 psi. depends on how soft or hard you want the suspension to be,
That shock looks like a fox float r (r meaning rebound). nice picture of the bike too, i have always wanted a giant atx dh version

ok i think i can see the valve were you would pump it up its just behind the suspension linkage so it means i would have to take the shock off to do it!!! :eek: i will send you a full picture of bike. ;)

yeah you would have to take it off, it might feel better with a coil shock for that instead of the air shock.

thanks, got the picture and looks sweet. what forks are they, good set of brakes - hope c2's. it must be comfy going down!

Back