1990 Yeti C26

JustKev":2y96jdp0 said:
nevadasmith":2y96jdp0 said:
You must have taken it for a spin around the block at least? ;)

Nope. Not sure why I bothered spending over an hour getting the indexing perfect :roll:

Because you had to - setting up that bike in a half arsed way would have niggled at your soul every day and wouldn't have done justice to all that history/effort/obsession!

yeti-man":3s2zkjzz said:
Yeti-man
Member of The Yeti FRO Butchers Club (YFBC)
:LOL:
Chopping FRO as welding disc tabs has same controversy level to me but shows opposite goals. A show bike, tribute to MTB history and a good rider. Whatever float your boat. If job was done well with great effort, I don't have problem with it.

there are some threads that you keep coming back too for another look and this is one of them, fantastic build and well worth the wait and all the effort tha has been put into it.

well done

stubbsy :D

stubbsy":1ly3ighd said:
there are some threads that you keep coming back too for another look and this is one of them, fantastic build and well worth the wait and all the effort tha has been put into it.

well done

What he said :D

Thank John. No its not my other frame - thats still a complete bike. This was a 1990 donor frame used for aesthetics as much as anything. I dont intend to ride it...........

Completely pointless then IMO. If you're not going to ride it why bother??

And if it's too fragile to ride then all you've done is destroy a lovely original yeti to make a useless copy of another one.

Very sad reading this thread for me.

If you're not going to ride it why bother??

While generally in favour of "riders", I certainly wouldn't object to having this hanging on my wall just to look at.

Back