Road triple chainset

djoptix

Senior Retro Guru
Wide range wanted. Ideally 50t top, 26t granny, and something in the middle. Square taper, 170mm preferred but I could live with 165 or 160! WHY?

Cheap please! Budget of about £35?

I have a set of tiagra triple cranks/rings and a hollowtec BB for £ 48 posted ?

IMGP4402.jpg

IMGP4403.jpg

IMGP4404.jpg

IMGP4405.jpg

It's a bit more than I was planning on spending, obviously, but I could be persuaded... does it have bolts? What size is the BB, and what sort of bearings? Ring sizes? Thanks :)

It has 30/39 and 50 toothed rings,, all the chainring bolts and the bolts for the BB and the crank arm are all included... the bottom bracket has only (same as the chainset) a few miles on it, so spins really nice :)

It came off my cannondale road frame which had a 68mm shell width,, from what I have read the bottom bracket will fit most frames as long as its a 68mm bottom bracket width...

Oh!! edit... and the bearings are the external type (hollowtec II ?) ones... :)

OK, one more question, do I need special toolz to fit it?!

**runs off to check BB width**

Yes you will need a tool such as this one..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=3784

I did actually buy a one the other day , just to remove the BB from the bike I had this crank and BB mounted on..

I can either sell you the one I have for a reduced price,,, used once.. or I could lend you it , as long as you pay for return postage and dont damage it., if that helps.. ?

Now sorted... retromtber, thanks for the offer but I have been offered something cheaper and cash is king at the moment. Hope you find a buyer for the Tiagra set.

Back