Show us what you did today, thread

The rear sus only theory goes thus-

You control the forks and thus where the front wheel goes but the rear wheel does not track the front wheel exactly. Consequently the rock you steered the front wheel around could hit the rear and buck the rear wheel upward sending you over the bars. Rear sus in theory would prevent this.

If Gary Klein and all the others who tried this idea had looked at the world of offroad motorcycles back into history they would have known front sus is the important bit. Folk just trying to be clever and ignoring tried and tested ideas.

Early Proflex and Cannondales such as the one Mikee has are prominent exponents of the idea.

yup i'm gona go a sort of satin black for the full bike :cool:

i might be selling the kona stinky frame on and use the monster t's on this :twisted:

nice one mr P

thought I would share with you my headset fitting apparatus- the hammer and screwdriver removal kit was also used :LOL:

king2.jpg

got all my bikes roadworthy today (in-between showers) and wanted some advice on what you would change on the saracen- looking at rear mech and stem for a starter for ten, what else?

kili.jpg

also took a pic to compare 1997 against 2007- no wonder my back likes the voodoo.

voodoo-1.jpg

clockworkgazz":265dq8bt said:
got all my bikes roadworthy today (in-between showers) and wanted some advice on what you would change on the saracen- looking at rear mech and stem for a starter for ten, what else?

kili.jpg

Looks good G, I reckon I would just lighten it up a bit (guilty of weightweenitis at the moment :oops: ) make it a whippet keep the voodoo on the slightly burly side. Stem looks alright for now but I'd change that chainring :? periodish XTR would suit too.

Back