The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2001 Muddy Fox Ti hardtail

Hi folks, I'm looking for an idea of what my 10 year old bike could be worth now. It's a lovely riding Muddy Fox full titanium hardtail frame, with Pace RC36 Pro Class 2 forks, Rolf Dolomite rims and a mix of XTR & XT drivetrain and brakes. The build cost £1600 back in 2001 and it's done barely any mileage over the years, either sat in the garage or snubbed for a road bike. I've even still got the original invoice an manuals. My wife is after a new bike and her arthritis is getting progressively worse, so I'm looking at a decent electrically assisted model and need funds. If it is worth anything reasonable then it will go, if not I wouldn't sell for pennies and would keep it as a commuter. TIA!

* I did try to add pics but the forum rules for newbies won't allow it.

Hi Slacey. Don't know what your bike is worth complete but do know you'll get far more if you split it. At a guess the frame will be around £200/300. XTR parts sell for strong money and XT bits don't do too badly.

Re: ManitouHT frame(pics added)

MCsanandreas":1uyqa9k0 said:
will get pics but camera on charge now. its a 17" frame made on the 8th of December '94(all stamped on BB).
fair condition but two probs with it,one is a crack in the headtube which has been fixed the other is a dent in the toptube looks like it was caused by lever hitting it.
had it for a while and will never do anything with it so time to move it on.
any clues to what a fair price to ask would be?

HPIM0407.jpg

HPIM0408.jpg

stem not available but would still like an idea of frame value. any ideas folks?

How much is my Stumpjumper worth?

Hey there,

Cool forum I have been reading all about peoples Stumpjumper bikes...now I have one also I am sadly selling:

- Made in USA
- 20" frame
- Shimano Deore LX wheel hubs, headset, front & rear derailleur, shifters, front & rear cantilever brakes, crank set
- Double butted Cro-Mo frame
- Mavic 230 SBP Stainless steel eyelet rims (made in France)
- Tioga City Slicker 26 x 1.50 130 Textite Tyres
- Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddle
- Shimano HG Hyper Glide casette 11t - 28t
- SRAM PCSO Chain
- Kalloy Uno Tranz X Zanzibar Handlebar
- Kalloy Uno quick release Seat post

Going by these forums and eBay I estimate the bike to be worth £150 - 200 GBP. I was wondering if anyone has a more accurate estimate?

The bike is in good condition, but does have scratches and the left gear shifter for the front derailleur has damage (it still works but the little screen which displays 1 2 3 has broken off) just the little arrow which would show which no. gear you are on is there. See pictures.

Many thanks, hope I've included everything!

The5PS

Attachments

• Side view.JPG
    Side view.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 994
  • handlebar.JPG
    handlebar.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 994
  • seat tube.JPG
    seat tube.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 994
  • casette.JPG