Manitou Hardtail 94

My Ride

Hi guys, back on again commenting on my own thread! :roll:

But am thinking of a new stem and a different set of pedals, would appreciate your comments/suggestions (although i haven't got a large budget!).

Thanks in advance folks.

Live love and ride retro....... :LOL:

For the stem you could look for an Answer A-tac item, or a CNC Manitou stem though these are harder to find.

I just bought an A-tac for £30 posted but that's mint, they can be found for £15 upwards. CNC Manitou ones are a bit more expensive.

I'm a flat pedal user but prefer the steel cage variety rather than the alloy ones you have.

Sorry to say but the mud guards look horrible, i'd rather get soaked :)

My Hardtail

jimihendrix":cwqzawv9 said:
For the stem you could look for an Answer A-tac item, or a CNC Manitou stem though these are harder to find.

I just bought an A-tac for £30 posted but that's mint, they can be found for £15 upwards. CNC Manitou ones are a bit more expensive.

I'm a flat pedal user but prefer the steel cage variety rather than the alloy ones you have.

Sorry to say but the mud guards look horrible, i'd rather get soaked :)

Sounds good to me, any suggestions of best place to look for an A-tac one?

May look for some DMR V12's do they still make them?

I know what you mean about the Crud Catchers so when i cleaned the bike today I took them off, a couple of old stickers and the chain stay protector. Took a couple of pics as she is now.......

Hope you think she looks a bit better now? :?

Attachments

• Nude 1.JPG
    Nude 1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,198
  • Nude 2.JPG
    Nude 2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,198
:) This is a sweet ride..

I will be fitting yellow Judy's to mine, just as a tempory fix, while I search for the right forks.

They dont look to bad, anyway just goes to show they can be riden hard :)

Nice :cool: , does look a lot fitter without the guards, more the hardcore race machine it was intended to be :)

For the stem either look on here or E-bay, they do come up fairly regular, another choice could be a Ringle, i had a blue Ringle on my old Manitou FS and it looked great.

Not sure if the V12's are still available, i've been using Gussets which are pretty good, not really the done thing to use on a retro bike (they look out of place on my Clockwork) but no one sees the pedals when you are riding anyway :)

Do you know how the front end has been put together ?, Manitous have an 1.1/4 headtube but many get fitted with reducers or Devolution headsets to run 1.1/8 steerers and stems, if it has reducers that be a bonus as 1.1/8 stems are far easier to find than 1.1/4.

Thanks Passiflora, she is a sweet ride tho she has had a couple of repairs along the way. But bikes were made to be ridden not just looked at eh.....

Jimi, it has 1"1/8 so that should make things a bit easier, I did have a scan on the bay but could not see any. I'll have a look through the for sale threads on here. Shame they don't do the V12's anymore I remember a friend of mine having a sweet orange pair on his Merlin.

Glad you guys think she looks a bit better in the nude (without mud guards) lol. :LOL:

Would love to put some different forks on, some pace or retro Manitou ones but the wife is already keeping a close eye on me and my bike. Especially as when she came back from shopping today it was still in the kitchen..... :shock:

Sorry, but as far as forks for a Manitou goes there should only be one choice. The clue is in the name on the frame ;)

B3":34tduxcs said:
Sorry, but as far as forks for a Manitou goes there should only be one choice. The clue is in the name on the frame ;)

Hmmm good point B3......wonder if anyone wants to px my yellow Judy's for some?? :? Need a full/long steerer tube tho.......Are mid 90's Manitou forks hard to come by :?:

Minty Sauce":3swbug0k said:
B3":3swbug0k said:

Hmmm good point B3......wonder if anyone wants to px my yellow Judy's for some?? :? Need a full/long steerer tube tho.......Are mid 90's Manitou forks hard to come by :?:

no they are not hard to come by. Just keep an eye on the for sale section and the bay. You can also easily rebuild them, and there's a company that makes new elastomer kits too. Manitou forks would make your bike even cooler :cool:

Thanks for that Rio....

Have been pm'd about some but they are 97 ones so i'm having a think about them. But i'd still have to get them passed off by the holder of the purse strings :LOL:

She needs a good ride now tho i think my back wheel needs truing so I may have to take a trip to the local bike shop. Just the wheel tho as I wouldn't want to let my baby away from home ;)

Back