1993 Zaskar Build

Ian W":11p0v0iv said:
Yep, been keeping an eye out hoping to grab a bargain set of Z2's as I reckon they are the ideal fork for what I am using the bike for.

Sadly buying from usa ebay is not the place for a bargain :p

chief. There's some on sale in the 1998 FS thread. I'll PM you a link

Just been for my first ride on the new forks. Feels much quicker.

Pics as soon as its had a quick clean :cool:

Couple of new pics with the new forks.

DSC00323-1.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

Rides lovely now, so responsive and feels very light :cool:

Last edited:
Been a while since my last update and it's had another fork change :D

Really started using the bike this year, get out on it twice a week but found I was feeling the rigidness a bit much as I was riding trails with my mate on his modern bike.

So as usual hit the forsale section :D Found a set of 2003 SID race, 80mm travel, lockout, very light and mint condition so got them bought! Then some new decals (2006 I think?) and got them fitted.

Here are some poor pics :oops:

[Edit - pictures gone, trying to find]

Bike rides brilliantly now, so much better than the bombers that where on it originally and easier on the wrists that the rigids.

Only downside is I now I want to replace other bits and pieces, I think next year will be a repolish and new decals again as I've worn the top tube ones away :(

Fancy a new chainset and nice all black seat two as the flite has that much dirt and muck engrained in to it I doubt it will ever look yellow again :?

Last edited:
Zaskar

Love the build, but personally would gradually go over to all black parts though, the contrast with the polished frame looks stunning.

Re: 1993 Zasker LE - 2012 Update - New Forks

Another little update, I think the term is neo-retro for what this is morphing in to now :)

Fitted some Race Face Deus XC risers and matching stem. Loved the look of the KORE flat bars but they where just not that comfy :|

Chain felt a little off the other day so yesterday checked it over and it looked 'OK', oiled it up and decided to go for a test ride this morning, ten miles in and bugger snapped! Was long overdue a replacement though!

Decided to come back and give it a bit of TLC, decent clean and hit it with the peak polish and followed that up with a few coats of Poorboys alloy wheel wax, hoping this will keep some of the shine locked in. Top tube decals have gone now, they where that worn that they made the bike look unloved :(

Excuse the crap picture, was hoping to get some out in the sun but the sun never appeared !

SAM_1472_zpsbe6f5c09.jpg

SAM_1478_zps3dad183d.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1993 Zasker LE - 2013 More Changes

Taken a week but got around to fixing the chain, test ride on Tuesday night :)

Back