A Haldon hill exeter ride 12th june.

have just got back from a ride on my Gt and have knackered the BB , so i'm going to be riding my full suspension kona tomorrow but Iwill not let the side down as I will put some retro disc wheels on and some new Ricthey Z max tyres on and maybe drop and older style XTR rear mech on for the sake of it.

:shock: :shock: look out for a large new shape transit van tomorrows as I haven't met any oone and will not know who i'm looking for , i'm going ton get the fo 9.45am , so see you guys tomorrow , and bring a water proof as it looks like we mihght need it :) :) .

still planning to come up as long as the weather isn't too stupid. It's only up the road. Might not bring the DBR as it's all nice & clean, might have to be the Orange Evo2 (1999)
Will have quite a few bits for sale too incl a couple of steel frames.

I have just woke up and looked out the window and it's looking a bit wet. But I'm still going up to Haldon so will see who ever wants a damp ride today. Hope so as I have got xtr, hope,x-lite , zaskar frame & lots of other bits to sell.

Meh - my pads are pretty munched anyway. In fact, my whole bike is :) I don't mind hills munching my bikes - they just don't get to munch me :)

Nah, seriously, it does look pretty soggy - don't blame you. Have a good day.

For me, this is my first retro ride. Am on the train steaming slightly from the 5 min ride in Bristol where I got soaked, desperate for a coffee on a train more thrashed than my bike :S with no coffee cart (am not convinced this train is gonna make it all the way to Penzance..?), eating cheap sainsburys chocolate, listening to Pearl Jam v loudly and getting progressively more pumped.

Bring it.

:)

Hmm.. bailing too.

1. No sign of my Clockwork from the paintshop.
2. No way my other bike will fit in my 2 seater car.
3. A moderate hangover from a local beer festival.

The ride still went ahead regardless of the weather ( my god it was wet though but enjoyable) , thanks to those how made it , but will defo arrange another date for a ride. :D :D

Had a wicked ride, rain or no rain. Thanks to all - to Tiboltrider for the lift, gear and tech help, to Teflonshoey for the lift, and to Brownpools and all concerned for a fab day, well-organised and for setting a cracking pace right off the mark...

Here's to wet cattle grids, and weird 'third nipple' style bruising from an off that seemed pretty harmless at the time... ;)

The Marin was, third nipple notwithstanding, a joy to ride, and was a real testament to the generosity and thoughtfulness of folks on this forum.

Haldon Hill ride.

Well guys thanks for that the 3 of us had a good day, and the weather made it even more interesting. Just goes to show that if you turn up with the right gear for the conditions nothing can stop you having a good day.

All hail the riders in the storm, hooray! :LOL:

Back