1995 smokestone ss0064

Ive ordered a couple of colours maybe the colour smokestone it will sort of match the forks but more likely to be turquoise blue like the rear drop out plates, stem etc ,
Lee.

And slowly it arises ,
not happy with the headset seating though :( think its going to need re facing apart from that im liking my new colour,
IMAG0762.jpg
on with the fone calls ,who has an 1"1/4 cutting tool these days :?

took it for a shakedown at fod yesterday and it rides absolutley spot on,
also managed to compare it with the dukes bigfoot smokestone whilst both being designed by mr foot they are so different i.e cable hangers ,dropouts even down to the finish on the alloy :?
I did have a couple of problems though my rear mech wouldnt sync and I have a bit of play in the bb just teething problems I hope ,anyway she's back and im happy :D
A really big thanks to Gil m for the decals without these it would look like [quote Kaya "a boss frame"] cheers mate!
IMAG0881.jpg

IMAG0872.jpg

smokestone.jpg

I just need to de-dust it and I will take some close ups, cheers for watching,
Lee.

Great to see it Lee and meet you at last. We need to get an Ozone together now!

Despite the many subtle differences it seems fitting that they are the same in the most important way. . . . the riding. Just guess you need to get your weight over the back a bit more :LOL:

I find the short wheel base makes it different to any other bike I have ridden but in a good way on the whole.

Great finish on the paint btw.

Luke

quick update , managed to locate m900 brakes , gears and levers for her now ,did a bit of downhilling on it yesterday and its quite tricky to ride at speed ,brilliant on the slower technical stuff but twitchy at speed especialy when you put it into a turn ,Ihad got used to its shorter wheel base by the end of the day and its noticably more "active" to ride ,I love it a proper british xc machine.
IMAG1012.jpg

IMAG1023.jpg

Awesome job there mrlee. Did you miss the maguras at all?

I cant believe you have trumped my xt with all m900, thats just cheating, but frickin cool :cool:

Have you tried a longer stem ref the handling at all?

Luke

Back