another Puch

Fozz

Dirt Disciple
this morning my 5 year old rode his bike without stabilisers....top lad :D

while i was teaching him a bloke came and had a chat.......mentioned he had two bikes he is about to take to the local tip and wo :evil: ld i like them, this was one, apart from the seat it looks llike its all original....

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,210
The other is a Raleigh Celeste ladies bike, sturmey hub looks well used and in need of a proper clean.

Plenty to admire there... nice to see a Simplex derailleur working its plasticky magic at the back, and I love the chrome fork crown and large flange hubs. When I see flat town bars, I usually want to slap a pair of drops on right away, but they look great on Super Sprints. That's a really good find.

Can't believe someone was going to throw that away :shock:

My friend who volunteers at a place called Action 21 (Charity) had this bought in from the local tip:

p4pb5990107.jpg

That Otta is beautiful.....wanna swap??... :LOL:

looking at the Puch i`m thinking touring dropbars with brown tape and a brown leather seat...

just started stripping it bearings are very good, frame number is 5404594

which means it was made on the 54th of april 1959.........4......... :shock:

although that might be inaccurate ........

i`m just going to clean up the frame for now, a bit of touch up paint here and there .....and.......er......i dunno really........

pers. I dont think, that its from the 50s - more likely late 60s or early 70s - but I will ask someone here in Austria, who should know that ;)

:shock:

you mean there arn`t 54 days in April???!!!

damn these cheap calendars........

:LOL:

any info gratefully recieved..... ;)

Fozz":13hls85l said:
That Otta is beautiful.....wanna swap??... :LOL:

looking at the Puch i`m thinking touring dropbars with brown tape and a brown leather seat...

Sounds good, are you getting Brooks bar tape and saddle? :)

Unfortunately the Ottadini sold for only £200 on ebay, my friend and his boss both thought they could've got a little more for it though.

one week on and 25 quid poorer

new tyres lots of cleaning and drop bars, rough rebuild for photo purposes

I thought i might get away with the levers.......... :shock: DOH!

new ones on order......

Attachments

• puch latest.jpg
    puch latest.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,027
Back