And today I did......

Had a first ride on the tandem today :LOL:

Now the tandem needs some work :cry:

Rear mech has got caught somehow and bent the hanger in quite a big way. Happened outside an lbs and the owner reckons it's only fit for a framebuilder to fix but I think it could be bent back into place. If not I'll go for an alfine rear hub and to hell with the hanger!

Today I set up the cantis on my soon to be finished singlespeed. Including creating a straddle from a standard brake cable. No release grip thingy, and I don't suppose it'll feel the same as my usual hydraulics but it didn't cost the same either.

Just waiting on a set of cranks from someone on here to finish the job and get out for a test run.

Good one Technodup, aluminium bikes make great single speeds, you loose less power to the rear wheel ;)

We really need a SS meet as loads of us are SS riders :cool:

velomaniac":3p85lmg9 said:
Good one Technodup, aluminium bikes make great single speeds, you loose less power to the rear wheel ;)

Hope so. It's sub 10kg with crap wheels and should be stiff. Cranks and a final polish and I'm done. Total cost £42 and I've some bits still to sell. I'm hoping to get to £0 and buck the spending trend I read about here.

Budget bling :)

big.eck":1i1ulg0o said:
i'be never changed a pressed-in steerer , i've just swapped the whole crown over :oops: :LOL: :LOL:

i think you have to heat it up and hammer them out ? what length steerer you needing like ? :cool:

Given the size of the steerer tube, I really need a minimum of 220mm - but I will check.

Today and yesterday I polished up a set of M950/951 crank arms. Quite a tough material and coating so took a bit more work than normal. I did one arm yesterday and decided to refine my machine polishing technique. New system came up trumps :D Though unless your right up close your hard pushed to see the difference. Pics tomorrow........

Looking forward to that mr k.

Today i got the stumpy stripped and up for sale, tidied up the yo with some nicer bits and decided why i should keep the saracen and gave it some bling into the bargain. I now have the fleet settled- just going to concentrate on riding now.

Back