Can't fit disc caliper to 1996 Bomber Z2s

Took longer than expected due to other things going on, but here they are for those that might need them, I've got 6 left, £23 posted in the UK, £25 for overseas.

ATB

John

Attachments

• DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,846
Took me a while, but I've finally got around to using that adapter.... :) :cool:

5650614476_9a72fed2b8_z.jpg

5650614482_6d7b80b228_z.jpg

I've come to this post a little late by the looks of it but do you have any of these adaptors left, I would love to get my hands on one! Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
big.eck":j1kmcbdc said:
andrewwdavies":j1kmcbdc said:
I've come to this post a little late by the looks of it but do you have any of these adaptors left, I would love to get my hands on one! Cheers

there on ebay chap ;)
Yes, that's John's eBay auction ("B3" on this thread).

As you can see from the photos, I've got one and I'm absolutely chuffed with it. You'll find that you might have to remove a little bit of ali with a small file to ensure that it's snug to the mounts on your particular forks, but after that, you're good to go... :)

no problem ;)

stick around and get some pic's of your bike up :cool: just avoid the sales threads unless your loaded :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

alex :cool:

good disc adapter

Hi

I recently decided to go retro (in as far as buying a pair of 1997-ish Z1s which are what i used when i was in to hardcore biking back in the day). Nostalgia and boredom prompted me to buy a pair of Z1s again in 2011.

I have purchased one of the CNC disc mount adapters from Retrobike user 'B3' and i'm very happy with it. Just need to decide if i'm happy with the Z1s as I need stiffer springs and they are shorter (not enough to affect much though) and have less travel than the Suntour Forks they have replaced. I swapped from brand new Suntour XCR LO forks to a 1997 fork lol.

Do you think the 1997 Bomber Z1 is better than a modern Suntour XCR LO fork?

Anyway, just a couple of pics to show an old non-standard disc mount fork with a modern disc caliper.

1002661e.jpg

1002687mb.jpg

1002671w.jpg

Latest posts

Back