is this what yeti have become???

poor photo's but those frames are very nice! what would you prefer? bikes that cant handle the kind of riding done now?

yes!

Bland stamped out boring looking tat.

al.

I had a DJ for a few years. Very competent bike for the type of riding it was marketed towards. It doesn't say XC on the frame. It's a jump bike, plain and simple.

yeti3.jpg

jamabikes":iimvhqel said:
poor photo's but those frames are very nice! what would you prefer? bikes that cant handle the kind of riding done now?
Eh?
The old bike would handle any type of riding Dave or myself do now. So why is this one any special and more capable other than, not looking anything interesting to the eyes ? Do we all suddenly ride differently ?

Though FMJ says it's a Jump bike, I assume that for Dirt Jumping which isn't "Mountain Biking" anyway. It's use as one isn't mentioned in the ebay advert, I would also assume it was a HardTail MTB for general offroad biking duties as that's what it say in the advert.

Anyway there's no bmx tracks around me (or jump) so that's not a problem for me ;) Well unless you saw my skills showing the youngun's how to do it at Sherwood Pines :D

FluffyChicken":sl2tjj0r said:
jamabikes":sl2tjj0r said:
Eh?
The old bike would handle any type of riding Dave or myself do now.

That's you and Dave. Some of us came from moto sports, and like to have a bike or 2 that are built specifically for long travel forks that we can wail on without having to worry abour the added leverage ripping the head tube off if things go pear shaped.

So why is this one any special and more capable other than, not looking anything interesting to the eyes ?

See above.......and I find it interesting. The modular dropouts are very cool.

Do we all suddenly ride differently ?

Speaking for myself, on some days, on some bikes, yes.

Though FMJ says it's a Jump bike, I assume that for Dirt Jumping which isn't "Mountain Biking" anyway. It's use as one isn't mentioned in the ebay advert, I would also assume it was a HardTail MTB for general offroad biking duties as that's what it say in the advert.

That's kinda why Yeti called that model DJ, and it's ALL mountain biking, not just the particular type you do. Myself, I don't like XC racing, but I find some of the lightweight short travel XC bikes the manufacturers are coming out with fascinating. Horses for courses. And complaining that the bike was mis-advertised is disingenuous. Someone looking for that type of bike would be rubbing their hands together hoping no one notices that.......just like you'd be proud as a peacock to find an ebay ad for a "Rich P bicycle", with a dark, out of focus pic of a hardly used P-23, and in here crowing about the find.

It's just my 2 cents (about 1.3 pence). Don't take it seriously. They're all push bikes, anyway.

i only thought it was butt ugly and if it didnt say yeti, could easily have been a claud butler.

the drop outs are cool though

FluffyChicken":kzrp1f6v said:
jamabikes":kzrp1f6v said:
Eh?
The old bike would handle any type of riding Dave or myself do now. So why is this one any special and more capable other than, not looking anything interesting to the eyes ? Do we all suddenly ride differently ?

Anyway there's no bmx tracks around me (or jump) so that's not a problem for me ;) Well unless you saw my skills showing the youngun's how to do it at Sherwood Pines :D

i just meant why would yeti design a bike for the kind of riding done 20 years ago...doesn't make sense.

I'd hazard a guess to say that bike could handle a whole lot more abuse than it's predecessor, have more travel on the forks than a whole full suspension bike bitd, and not have any bits fall off...

Dirt jumping is one of the most progressive forms of mountain biking and the bikes move forward accordingly - is anyone making the same bikes they did in 1991, with exactly the same tubeset and geometry? I can't think of any

Latest posts

Back