Coolwall June 2011 - Girvin Flexstem

Coolwall June 2011 - Girvin Flexstem

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rally_cat":yl6561pq said:
Off topic - Gazz, love the avatar I remember that episode when it first came out, I chuckle every time I look at that picture.

Got to love larry and jeff, sticking up for the boys preeeetay preeeetay good!

Drencrom":1jc4fnmc said:
Uncool.

Flexstems make me think of friends who rode Raleigh Apex's, but what they really wanted was the Summit.

haha i like that!

I thought they looked ugly BITD and they were heavy, a friend of mine had one and it was crap so sticking with my original oppinion.
UNCool

Bought one for my '92 Cro-Mega DX back in the day and have just got hold of a 1 1/4 one for my Cannondale M1000 build......Cool as feck!!!! :cool: :LOL:

(Incidentally, I need a set of stickers for one if any one can help!?)

Of course they're COOL!!! they were the innovative, interesting, quirky, funky looking, workable, front suspension solution for the early 90's MTB'er!!
They were cool back then, and they're still cool now... that is the definition of coolness, an item whose coolness transcends time itself :D

Sorry to say so but definitely uncool.

Rode one on my friend's Raleigh Apex in the dark ages but never got used to the feeling of 'flexing bars'.

I always thought they looked very cool - so much more interesting than a regular stem. And on a chalky SDW descent my friends and I called the 'boneshaker' they seemed to offer some relief from sore wrists and rattled brains.

But if you use the built in hanger you lose braking power when the stem compresses - bit of a design flaw, but you can just take it off and uses a headset mounted hanger.

I'm voting cool.

agree with most when i was 15 i wanted one and got one on my raliegh activator (yeah i know crap aswell) but thinking about it if we all wanted one back then and some of us had one then they should be cool we may not want one now or even think they are cool now compared to suspension forks but this is retro bike and i have to say they were retro cool :?

Back