1974 Viscount Aerospace Pro - less of a rebuild...

I'll do the spec list as soon as I can, but in the meantime (and with apologies to Bendo, as he'll have seen these pictures twice!) here's some pictures of the Aerospace as it is now - finished, unless I can pick up the few missing odds and ends.

DSC03130.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03122.jpg

Love that chainwheel, now is this the company that took over Lambert? when it all went t*ts up?

No apologies necessary Goldie. What a beauty! Such a lovely, lovely machine. Did Lord Snowdon come and do the pics? They look great too. ;) b

Hi Mike,

Yes, I think Trusty was the bike company that bought Lambert's assets went Lambert got into trouble, and Viscount was the brand name used. To begin with at least, Aerospaces were constructed from the same tubing, on the same jigs and using many of the same components as top of the line Lamberts. I love the chainwheel too - one of the many things that makes Aerospaces look so distinctive. Anyway, here's the spec list:

Frame: Viscount Aerospace Pro, 23 inches (well, near enough) crank to top of top tube

Fork: Viscount one piece aluminium fork with steel steerer

Headset: I'n not sure, but I think it might be another Viscount bit...
Stem: Viscount aluminium
Handlebar: Viscount / Copal Foundaries aluminium
Bar Tape: Tressorex black cloth

Brake Levers/Brifters: Lambert aluminium, blue anodized pivots
Brake Calipers: Viscount centre pull
Brake Pads: Fibrax

Shifters: Shimano
Front Derailleur: Shimano Titlist
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Crane
Cassette: 15 - 24 5 speed
Chain: Black and greasy
Cranks: Viscount aluminium cotterless
Chainrings: Viscount, 52 / 42
Bottom Bracket: Viscount, press fit sealed bearings
Pedals: Lambert cast aluminium alloy, needle bearing

Rims: Weinmann aluminium
Hubs: Viscount high flange
Hub Skewers: Viscount
Tyres: Panaracer Pasela

Saddle: Brooks B17 Champion Narrow, brown
Seatpost: Viscount aluminium micro adjust, 26.8mm

Weight: 10.6kg

It's a bobby dazzler alright - I was out on it last night and it really does love going fast.

The Viscount took me out along a very muddy Trans Pennine Trail and then on through north Cheshire, past the old airfield at Stretton to Arley Hall. It was a cracking day - you could see a good chunk of Lancashire from the top of the hill, all bathed in autumn sunshine. Naturally, I completely forgot to take any pictures of the view - but here's a couple of the bike... :oops:

DSC03783.jpg

DSC03782.jpg

...looking a lot less mucky than it actually was!

Ahh, a Viscount in its natural habitat. Beautiful! And of course you forgot to shoot the view but got the bike. The whole way you were probably thinking, "Gosh I love this bike. Gosh, I love this bike. Gosh..." :D b

Very nice. Especially that chainwheel.
I still have mine from 1979. Any suggestions for replacment of the death forks?

Multey":29llupc2 said:
Any suggestions for replacment of the death forks?
Yep. Don't listen to Sheldon. That's my suggestion. He never knew anything about Viscounts anyway. b

Back