paul components

detomaso":2lf22aee said:
pete_mcc":2lf22aee said:
don't treat it like you would a disposable, low end shimano one

What do you mean (not being awkward)?

I mean don't treat it like you dont care if it breaks, like some low end shimano mech that you use all season long without oiling or tweaking oe cleaning.

Yes, they do need extra effort to keep working perfectly but I think the sort of person who is attracted to them is the sort of person who loves the engineering and tinkering side as much as the riding. And there's the jealousy from the haters!

In my defense my comment was fairly tongue in cheek. I would love one. My only experience of using one however was problematic. They do not withstand water/dust/crap ingress as well as Shimano units. The fact you can completely strip them down isn't a nicety, its a necessity in order to get the thing pivoting smoothly again after a ride. I love the concept of Shimano-less builds, but Shimano has it on withstanding crap ingress.

Couldn't agree more, sadly many Californian inventions just don't cross over well, but it can be sorted with plenty of love. That said I will defend to the death my precision billet groupset as one of the nicest made and feeling sets available - clunk-clip every trip, solid and so nice to look at!

Never used a Pauls myself.

I'd agree with Pete about those Proshift rear mechs.
Dare I say mine shifts better than an M900 mech...

J

Back