Proflex XP8 Rear shock adapter

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This is the adapter that fits into the swingarm stay and holds the lower part of the shock firmly to the siwngarm.
Notice the locating cone.

The adapter is made for Fox Float shock and shock eyelets are turned 90 degrees to each other so that there is no movement
at the lower eyelet (original shock had fixed rod at lower end). There are 3 bushes - two for the upper eyelet to fit the
shock to the frame and one bush the lower eyelet to act as a spacer.

DSC07415.jpg

This is it fitted. And yes, it is quite clunky, very over-engineered as it would not be nice to have it fail in use.
DSC07418.jpg

View from other side showing access to the air valve (shock only fits one way round) and the rebound adjustment
knob is within the frame gusset but it can be turned with one finger - just!!
DSC07419.jpg

Now the fun of riding it begins!!! :D

Round off the corners and colour it black annodizing/paint and I think it's a worthy mod

given the price of noleen/riise shocks as a replacement for the proflexs this might just make everyday good price shocks more of an option

aha! it certainly looks "industrial", but should be up to the job.

ps: where's mine? ;)

I'll send you a message on idriders forum :)

That looks good to me if you could get another one I would meet the costs plus postage would sort me Beast out a treat

That's excellent :)

Round the edges off and you'd make a killing on here with these since Callum stopped doing his COR springs. Real shocks for Proflexes at reasonable prices - that's a novelty.

.... unfortunately I do not make them but I know a man with lathe and mill who does. He does model enginnering so works to tight tolerances but since these jobs are not his main hobby, then it takes an awful long time to get stuff off him - this job must have taken 2 months .

My intention was not to make money out of this but to demonstrate what can be done. I can supply drawings.

For one of these adapters and bushes we would be looking at around £ 40 and it is specific to one type of shock, which can be picked up for under £ 50 on ebay .... which compares favourably for Profelx specific shocks at £ 250 (when I last looked).

What's the price of that fox shock, would it fit in between the two plates of the frame, mine's a small and the top of the shock bolts through the top tube?

I don't think the Fox shock will work on a Small size frame, not enough space where it bolts through the top tube. I may be wrong though.

Back