Help value my Pennine

Jon

As with most price valuations not an exact science and you'd definitely get more by splitting although that would be a shame in my opinion.

As commented on the other thread the Delta brakes are lovely and can fetch very good money although they are a bit of a pain to set up and use. Does the frame have semi horizontal dropouts, by the 600 kit I guess it does and so you could jump on the fixed/ss/courier chic bandwagon and sell it as fixed/ss ready and get a good price. What is the tubing - 531 or similar?

As a marker I sold a Campag Super Record/Shimano 600/MA40 equipped Holdsworth 531 for £115 (plus post) a couple of years ago and regret it to this day (I was naive!). As a guess I'd say you'd get £150 to £200 for the complete bike (maybe more, maybe less, as I said above it's not an exact science) but a lot more if you split as the Deltas can go for a decent price (have a search in evilBay for completed listings) although the drive chain will be less valuable particularly the Campag chainset with the difficulty of sourcing new rings.

As usual it depends on how much you need the money/space so that you can invest/waste on non-essential/essential bike tat (I mean this in a good way).

Not sure if that really helps.

Thanks Ed
Without double checking, I think it is 753 tubing.
I'm in emotional termoil at the moment as to what to do with it :roll:
Its stood up in my parents garage for 10/12 years doing nowt.....but it has so many memories attached to it of races and rides......but if it can earn me a few quid then should I let it go??? :x
I think its worth more to me than £100 or so quid, as I dont think I could see it split up.......maybe, just maybe I'll shave my legs once more and pound the roads again ;)

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":2ngxoliu said:
Thanks Ed
Without double checking, I think it is 753 tubing.
I'm in emotional termoil at the moment as to what to do with it :roll:
Its stood up in my parents garage for 10/12 years doing nowt.....but it has so many memories attached to it of races and rides......but if it can earn me a few quid then should I let it go??? :x
I think its worth more to me than £100 or so quid, as I dont think I could see it split up.......maybe, just maybe I'll shave my legs once more and pound the roads again ;)

Jon

If it's 753 you could certainly up the estimate but I guess not by a huge amount - I got a Merckx SLX with full Dura Ace 8 and ceramic rims for £185!

Keep it and use it for training - you'll only regret selling it

:shock: Dura Ace on a Merckx for less than £200 :shock: BITD you'd be looking at £800+

Your right, she's going to have to stay.

I think I'll bring her home and bolt her to my turbo. Least then in the summer, if the mood takes me I can have a pootle out and reacquaint myself with road riding.

Thanks Ed ;)

Jon

If you wanted to generate some cash but keep the bike I'd say change the Deltas for some Cobaltos (or any Campag pre skeleton calipers - the ones from a few years ago can be had very cheap) and flog the Deltas

Just a thought you understand

Back