Loop of Arran road ride 25th of June

I think the Galaxy will be ready for the 25th so I think I am in. Next thing is transport.......over those previous 6 pages it was a bit difficult to follow how people are getting down there? Is anyone taking the train from Central? I am in the west end of Glasgow, so am happy to ride to Central and take it from there.......any body else doing that? I don't want to be driving the old gas guzzling 900 down there solo.

ps....I 'aint never ridden 57 miles before, but I am game to give it a whirl (with no training of course)

Pish.

Something totally unexpected has happened. Our daughter's birthday has surfaced out of the blue on Friday 24th :LOL:

This means family gig to Arran is in jeopardy and I may have trouble Sloping Off for a quick cycle :shock: Will keepya posted.....

Nelly - piccys of ya Breezer Storum puleezz....... :p

EDIT: - re the 57 miles - its fine, trust me. You have my word. ;)

......can you wait for me on the hills :oops:

FEK - just noticed the Flying Scot in your sig :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Drool

If you show me yours I'll show you mine ;)

Are you on the Flickr group?

There is a thread somewhere for my Breezer......but you can find it on the 'show us your breezer' thread too. I gave it an SS makeover, but I think I should get the gears back on.

My Scot running SS at the moment, but I am considering a new paint job and possibly a geared hub, maybe the new SA 2 speed Duomatic kick shift.

3376585969_d52b184f05.jpg
[/url]
ss by stllsman, on Flickr[/img]

4565182135_32d0e05d96.jpg
[/url]
breez by stllsman, on Flickr[/img]

Nelly,

I'm taking the train from central station after transferring from Queen Street station. I'll be aiming for the first train to Ardrossan sometime around 7am, I'll need to check. We can hang aboot at Kaisers untill everyone else shows up and we head to the ferry on mass :D

There is a train from Central at 0834 which gets you to the harbour for 0925 in theory but it might be cutting it a wee bit fine especially if it runs late for any reason. This is why I'll try and make the earlier train ;)

Nelly Rado is also from Glasgow and will be getting down somehow :) Good to have you on board :)

Hmmm - speculating here......

Nelly - If i was to get to Glasgow on Fri pm could the Glasgow Boys possibly drive down Sat am (ie lift share), thereby possibly allowing me to collect a little something from Kaiser on the way back up?

just thinking out loud ;)

alternatively I could get the train too :shock:

Mr Panda - sorry I don't follow, can you be more specific?

I was thinking of going for 8.34.......either that or I'll just drive.

Back