My 1989 Formula Orange....

Wow, amazing - what a piece of history you've got there!

Any more photos available all? The more the better!

This could be one of the best rebuilds ever!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow! - A real life genuine unicorn. 1st Kev's C-26 and now a formula in the same week!! - perhaps the planets have aligned or something!
Have always wanted to know more about this mythical Orange beast! - Apart from Danpiero's pics, I've never seen another.... This really is something quite special - like Dossa says,
This could be one of the best rebuilds ever.

What's the frame number btw? - They can't have made more than 10 of these! - I bet this is one of the 1st!

Watching with massive interest. :cool:

boy" :D "boy

Also watches with excitement...lovely

BTW I scanned an article in the magazine section of a 1990 Formula Orange going through its paces (mind the pun)...

Rich

:shock:

I appreciate the interest and suggesions peeps.

I must admit that I am a bit surprised at the rarity that has been suggested on here. I ordered it as soon as it became available and think there was about 12 week lead time befor I got it. I think it was one of the early ones.

I will get it out later and get a few more pics for those that want them.

nevadasmith":2nvc3rug said:
Brocklanders23 will wet himself when he see's this!

:shock: I need to change my pants!!!

As others have said, the rarest of rare hand built Orange lovelyness :eek: You've got the Holy Grail of retro Orange there Bedazzled. Want to swap it for a mint Clockwork? :oops: First dibs if you sell... :oops:

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this beauty and let me know if you need any help with the resto. :shock: :eek: :cool:

.....right, I've picked myself up off the floor.

The decals look the same as the Clockwork ones from the era (except for the Formula) and Gil has them on file. There's some very clever graphic people on here that could get a template of the Formula decal. What ever you do be very careful as you'll not find another. ;)

A stunning frame, as brocklanders and others have said, and well worth totally refinishing to its former glory.

Its all possible..... :cool:

Attachments

• colour_code_matched_165.jpg
    colour_code_matched_165.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,147
Wow, a really nice bit of UK MTB history. If Orange have a unicorn that is it!

Who made these and from what?

I'd suggest getting some good pics of the decals, getting gil_m to copy them. Then send the frame to a good sprayer like Argos and have it brought back to it's former glory. Orange don't spray in house imho.

info... :cool: i have sum more info sumwhere at home, i will have a look tonite, time permitting. from memory 7 made in total.

Attachments

• IMG_0006-1.jpg
    IMG_0006-1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,127
  • IMG_0004-1.jpg
    IMG_0004-1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,127
  • orange_formula_article_mtber_1990_400.jpg
    orange_formula_article_mtber_1990_400.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,049
Back