And today I did......

jimihendrix":98hp1ysm said:
Bought a GT Bravado frame :), think it's a 91, has a rear U-brake, original 3D forks and GT stem, should be nice when it's done, in about 18 months time at my build rate :)

Oh, nice one what colour? Post some pics Jimi. (message to Velo) It's top of the line in TIG welded GT frames. Had 97 year Bravado, great handling bike, frame bit lardy though.
But GT was made to last not to be weight weenie :D

velomaniac":fanhl3tq said:
Yet another triple triangle rigid GT that I've never heard of, wow :shock:

Seems to be so many models that look the same in the GT line up to my untutored eye :?

Nice spec though !

Im with Velo on this

:shock: :shock: :oops:

Partly :LOL:

Radoslaw":1w1y436l said:
jimihendrix":1w1y436l said:
Bought a GT Bravado frame :), think it's a 91, has a rear U-brake, original 3D forks and GT stem, should be nice when it's done, in about 18 months time at my build rate :)

Oh, nice one what colour? Post some pics Jimi. (message to Velo) It's top of the line in TIG welded GT frames. Had 97 year Bravado, great handling bike, frame bit lardy though.
But GT was made to last not to be weight weenie :D

Thought you'd have noticed it ?, it was in the For Sale section last week :)

It's identical to this

bravado.jpg

It's a but more used looking though but should tidy up, going to touch up the original paint and re-sticker.

Was drawn to the cool original stem (matches the rear of the top tube) and 3D forks.

Would have liked a Psyclone (or Cyclone) but they are hard to find, especialy in my size (16")

hade a good ride with some mates last night - GT tomorrow after work :D - went to Edin bike co-op today to try out some bikes (bike to work scheme) - and have decided on a Genesis latitude - must be my retro heart - just had to go for a steel frame :LOL:

velomaniac":14nnx835 said:
A GT Cyclone, yup, yet another Gt I've never heard of and let me guess its a triple triangle job right :roll:

Funny you should say that, only fillet brazed and hand made, not that that'd interest you, a stuck record springs to mind :roll:

Nice one buzz, genesis make a good range of bikes and wish my work did the bike to work thing, what sort of groupo do you get on that bad boy? Mind and chuck up a picture when you get it.

In like velo on the gt line up not sure on the models and history and was prob put off of them for life by a timberline I bought in 95 that weighed the same as a small car. Suppose that's the beauty of this place, there are even more bikes than you imagined that you can desire, fillet beasts you say.......

No different to other brands Velo - all manufacturers make bikes aimed at different price points with subtle differences like frame material, geometry and quality... even claude butler.

I'm not slagging them off, I'm just perplexed by the sheer volume of different model names within the mtb genre.

As far as I know Spesh had Hardrock, Rockhopper, Stumpjumper and M2 as names and that was about it. Any variations just had another prefix added so you new a Stumpy Pro and a Stumpy comp were different versions of a Stumpy.

GT though seem to have given an entirely different name for each incarnation which makes it difficult for me to follow.

Can we do a list of all the triple triangle models for me.

Back