WTD: Cheap 700c wheelset & tyres

Hallsy

Devout Dirtbag
Looking for a cheap wheelset to get me rolling, will be used with rim brakes, pretty sure rear is 126mm but steel frame so will have some give. Will also be needing some tyres to go with them, but will buy new if nothing comes up.

Anything considered, but not looking to spend too much. Just after something to get the bike useable, can upgrade in the future as necessary.

Yeah, that's the problem.

In time I'll sort out some better wheels, but this month has been a killer for outgoings, but I know as soon as I get the bike (tomorrow hopefully) I'll want to get out & give it a try to see what I think! Hence looking for something cheap!

maybe you could get a cheapo bike on eBay or Gumtree, borrow the wheels for a bit then sell it on when you find some decent wheels? ;)

wheels

Hi
How cheap??
I have a good pair 700c,6 speed also with tyres
In good useable condition
These were removed from my winter hack a few weeks ago
Sold the bits and frame since
Interested?
Let me know,and i'll get some details for you
No problem with posting,but at cost though
Malc

Hi Malc,

I'd be interested in hearing some more about them. What hubs & rims are they, and how much are you looking for?

wheels

Front and rear rims (Rigida) Alloy
Hubs, Front Shimano Q/R. Rear Maillard (Solid Axle,Nut) 36 spoke
5-Speed Suntour Perfect Freewheel 14-26 Ratio
Hutchinson Kevlar Tyres (Very good tread) 700x25c
In Good condition,plenty of miles left in these
As i say,they wre used on my daily winter commute bike
I'd be looking at £58 including courier costs
Malc

Thanks for getting back to me Malc.

Couple of questions - do Suntour and Shimano use the same freehub spline pattern? Secondly, is a Shimano mech (friction shifters) compatible with a Suntour cassette?

I am interested, am just waiting to hear back on another wheelset I've enquired about - but will keep you posted :)

Back