Wanted 650c tyre with gum/natural rubber sidewalls?

Nicktid

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,
To complete my lo pro retro TT bike I am after a 650 clincher front tyre with natural rubber sidewalls.

I have a tubular rear wheel which has a Vittoria Corsa CX tub which has natural rubber sidewalls but I need a clincher for the front (unless someone can swap a Shamal 650 tubular front for my Shamal clincher!).
At present I can only find all black 650 tyres (Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX) which has at least got me rolling but to make the front match the rear I need a 650 clincher tyre (as light as poss) to be a partner for the Corsa CX tub on the rear.
Any one out there got one? Or point me at where to buy new ones?

Cheers,
Nick.

Dear Nick,

I have some (x5) Vittoria Competition Triathlon 26" tyres, 20-571.
They're NOS in boxes, folding, 198g, black file tread with beige/cream walls, not the slight tan/orange of Corsa CX walls, but a lot better that all black.

IMG_4532.jpg

£15 each posted?

PM if interested.

All the best,

Very nice :) That's pretty niche.

Nothing personal...but I think it's 650C (571mm) he's after not 650B (584mm), and around 20-23mm to match the Vitt Corsa CX on the rear, rather than 30mm wide, too.

All the best,

Sorry to hijack the thread from the OP, but, knowthejo:

They'd probably go beautifully on your De Vos though, and possibly even the Jack Taylor...any pictures?

All the best,

Cheers Dan,

I have been very tempted. Only one of the Jack as its now in bits getting a full restoration:
5206221885_5b3226bb23_z.jpg

De vos is lovely and thats my thinking - definitely needs a tire upgrade!
5800939031_c6a1d1ef69_z.jpg

Good luck with the tires Nick

Back