Tarted up Kleins

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
As only the Japanese can!

I found this site ages ago, and thought you guys might like a butchers!

http://www.wink.jp/~and/

Click on the underlined hyroglyphs and you'll see some beautiful machines!

Rich

is this something new the japanese are getting into? or have they always had an interest in mtn biking. i honestly do not know enough about the culture, but im wondering if it is going to lead to some type of wild fad...like tamagotchi.

This was quite an old site...they seem to lavish love on their bikes...not too sure how many get off road if you know what I mean!

Rich

They've been into it for a long while now, but as with everything they do they do it to extremes! They have the most amazing vintage european road bike collectors over there, and some of the best retro MTBs (and english fishing reels for some odd reason). But they are amazing at producing the most technoweenie stuff, if only we could understand their websites. Guess its half the reason why they produced the XTR groupo and not campag!

Japanese are very into 'the detail' and maybe that has also something to do with there habit to miniaturize things. Do think Campy was very good at detailing too. Even found 'Campagnolo' and 'Made in Italy' on the inside of my headset cups of my Euclid groupset :roll:

Does somebody know more of those Japanese Vintage bicycle sites? Already tried to find them, but pretty tough.

This is one Japanese bicylce history:

http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~iwat/zenshi-4/zenshi-4.html

Babelfish will help you out with translation.

- Melvin

Hi Melvin,

Nope, no luck here either, Pete's right about detailing though, I haven't seen a Japanese retrobike that isn't perfect!

Rich

Do like the detailling thing. A sick strive for perfection is cool, in particular on spots not noticeable for the eye or any other sense and where you do not expect it and they go much beyond. Those are the Coolest :cool:

Read some covering on Nagasawa and 3Rensho bicycles. It is said they are in other league. Would be happy to learn more on those.

I do know now that the Emperor of Japan rides a Toei :p

toei1.jpg

Toei on 2005 Japanese Handmade Bicycle Show

Already knew Jimmy Carter rides a Rivendell (but that has nothing to do with Japan)

Back