Klein Pulse Comp

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Managed to snag this recently and it looks like ideal fodder for another weenie build. It will be the follow up to this ONE but will more than likely be a 1X?? geared bike. I reckon I'll also be less period with this one. Paint is knackered and even though not a desirable colour it still has quite a luminous quality, still it'll probably be getting a rattlecan matt black finish to keep the weight down. Thought it might have been a tad lighter but nevertheless lighter than the previous weenie build be a good 200 odd grams. Looks like I'll also need to go V brake :|

5808960871_22cb927d8e_b.jpg

5809519892_c6779c25fb.jpg

Finished some XTR cranks for the build. Weighing in polished at 396gm for the arms and lock nut these will be getting an HBC spiderless chainring. Its been hard to photograph the finish but one arm is better done than the other, I refined my polishing technique for the driveside. Barely noticeable unless up close though. The Shimano finish and material is quite hard but does come up nicely with a bit of work, did take twice as long as other cranks though.

5824477775_cf777deb88_b.jpg

5824483487_9d7ca89541_b.jpg

the arm in the background is the better finished, I cut alot of the scratches out which are noticeable on the arm in the foreground.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Taking a seat with a cup of tea and a hob nob, looking forward to you painting the cranks grey and getting the xtr decals sorted ;)

subster, thinking of dropping by the powder coaters next week just about have all the bits for the Guru :D

mikee":140yymap said:
so what do the xtr/and chainring set up weigh ?

Not sure mikee, the rings are billed as the lightest available but I don't have a proper weight.

Quick search is showing them around the 73g mark, so total would be marginally lighter than the sugino set up on the dale. Also IIRC octalink BB's come in a shade lighter too :?

This is a pic of what the set up should look like, spiderless chainring available in many colours too.

IMG_2420.jpg

Back