1990 Yeti C26

JeRkY":p9tpjnfy said:
As far as unicorn frames go, that there has to be the definition.

I think it is more like a Unicorn's unicorn bike build. :)

Stunning Kev, good to see you back, and what an entrance!

uno-speedo":cnepjyf8 said:
nice one kev, minus the purple ringle.

Purple was good enough for Tomac - Zap's bike ;)

This was the template for my build.

TomacC26-1.jpg

John":cnepjyf8 said:
Kev,

absolutely superb stuff, real benchmark build there. Good to see you went down a slightly different route to Ameybrook with the drops etc.

Is this the frame you had previously? and do you intend to ride it?!?

Thank John. No its not my other frame - thats still a complete bike. This was a 1990 donor frame used for aesthetics as much as anything. I dont intend to ride it - even if I was at my early '90s race weight I'd have broken it.

Thanks to everyone else for your kind words.

Wow great bike and I love your choice of bits.

What is the storywith these c26's how many are out there? Did I read it right that you have 2? Could you give a bit more info on how you came about this one?

Cool project - like it. The race originals were iconic bikes. I was around one of them at the NORBA race in Atlanta 1990, I took this picture of two Yeti riders
yeti_atlanta.jpg

The reason why I took this picture was the FRO - I realized after the film was developed that I have one of the few pictures of Joey Erwin and Joey Erwins C-26 (the first of all factory C-26 bikes)

Enjoy your icon, and I am looking for one my self... if not at least a pseudo one like ameybrooks "C-26"

:D

ameybrook":2kvg2ulp said:
yeti-man":2kvg2ulp said:
a pseudo one like ameybrooks "C-26"
:D

Hard to take that comment seriously from someone adding disc tabs to a PRO Fro.

:LOL: Mike did I hurt your feelings? - I hope not... yours is not a real C-26 so my closest name for it is "pseudo". Yes you have all the credit I can give for your lovely project, real C-26 tubes and a lot of garage engineering to the rest. But still it is not one of the original C-26's.

Stay cool!

By the way - what is so wrong about adding disc tabs to a older ProFRO. I just cant understand all the fuzz some make of this... beats me...

Back