Do you ride your retro----

My circa '50/'60s fixed gear (link below) is/was my only road bike. So it's often used for a short commute, trips to the shops & pub. Although my latest toy, a 1956 rod braked Raliegh Superbe did the commute for the 1st time today :D

I ride mine every day as a commuter (i only have the 1 bike) so I cover about 100 miles a week doing that, and sometimes another 20/30 at weekends.

I didnt buy it to look at it, if I just wanted to do that I'd take a pic of someone elses and save my money!!

I ride all mine, although I avoid busy traffic with my 58 Constellation and 64 Flyer - just due to the fact they can be a bit temperamental in the gear change department. :)

the only thing i can say is i ride my cbt krypton more than every road bike i have. Why ? steel bike, i ride around 200 kms per week, i have bianchi and look modern carbon bike, and, ok it's light on mountain blablabla, but, my steel bike in columbus slx are definitly the most confortable bike i have, and after 150 kms, i can restart directly, i loose maybe 3or4 km per hours but at the end, i use my CBT for all type of profil. that why i have finish to thinking to sold my other bike. The problem is today, when you ride on sunday, if you don't have a full carbon bike, your a poor looser guy. But now i don't care, i like too much my cbt.

I've only got old road bikes although I do use a Pompino to commute and take the brunt of the bad weather.

Simplest solution is to have multiple bikes as it takes a long time for them to wear out!

Every-single-godam-day. I love it, she's heavy, ugly and breaks all the time but it's got so much more character than modern bikes, I used to ride a alu road bike, then a p2 dirtjumper, then a race spec raleigh and my Peugeot gaspipe special elan has to be my favourite ride, it's really nice when you want to ride your bike and you're not just doing it to get somewhere.

I take every chance to ride it - I don´t own a youngtimer, because most of them don´t look the way they should do in my eyes.

Learoy":bknuaobk said:
I take every chance to ride it - I don´t own a youngtimer, because most of them don´t look the way they should do in my eyes.

x2!

Most modern stuff is aesthetically lacking.

i have a raleigh pursuit as my daily bike or failing that a retro falcon mountain bike...

i recently bought myself a scott yecora which i then put up for sale here, just because it looked too good that i couldn't bring myself to actually use it for fear of A) having it stolen. B) damaging it.

It may sound pathetic but i'd really worry riding something that didn't already have some 'character' preferably the sort of character that is developed by having been thrown in a skip at some point in its life. :LOL:

I'd love to ride a bike from my collection, but I'm time trialist/roadie/family man, so I have no time spare to ride some of my old stuff. I'm sure that when I'm to old to race I will start enjoying the bikes that started everything off for me in the first place...

Latest posts

Back