german ebayers?

Yup, it sucks (and not in that nice way :LOL: )
I just won some Manitous and "assumed" paypal was the norm.
But no, must be by wire transfer. Fortunately NatWest only charge £12 and it was pretty easy - still lesson learnt the hard way, as usual for me!
I did a bit of reading on the ebay forum and it seems that wire transfers cost nowt in Germany and that they have protection built in (only in Germany) hence the reluctance to Paypal.
It would be all too easy to get onto the "rip-off Britain" thing here, so I'll just leave it at that.
There is too much trust involved in wiring monies from the UK, so I won't be doing it again.

jez-2-many-bikes":2zednhqn said:
AH good one. Like it.

Yeah they're pretty good, monies go thru liek you transferred it yourself too, no extra delays etc.

I don't know what the rates are like with PayPal, I guess they use Bank Forex rates too?

had the same thing with a pair of manitou 1`s on there this week , didn`t do paypal
so offered to send a cheque , adding a few euros to cover his costs , done this before and it has been fine

the reply i got went something along the lines of ........

just consulted a banking friend of mine and he says that under german banking laws he would not be covered ???????????

shit , they went for £28.00 plus £10.00 postage , not like it was a couple thousand

oh well :roll:

I've just won a couple of things off ebay France and Germany. Paid by cash posted via international signed for. Worked a charm in each case.

To be fair it was under a ton for both. If you are paying several 100 quid then it's less of an issue to get stung £20 on bank fees surely?

Sounds stupid but Ive always sent euros through the mail....without issues....

as yet...

Gamble I know but Im that kind of a guy...

:LOL: :shock: :LOL:

Would have loved to be able to afford to take that same gamble with that Storm Adroit only I would have needed a hefty sized jiffy envelope !! Again, German seller No Paypal !! I know paypal only covers up to £500 but Its the difference of whether I would have got the bike or not !! Not being the case!

Balls......... So wanted it !

For the Storm Adroit sort of money paying £10 or £20 on a bank transfer is slightly less of an issue....

Latest posts

Back