WTD:Nano-budget bike build bits; not even as posh as Mad Max

Getting there...

At least it's ride-able now..!

So - back from the wedding on Sunday night, and got into work today to a flurry of goodies; Konaman, thanks so much for the shifters! Coomber/letmetalktomark, thanks so much for the forks (which are looking fantastic on my Giant (pics to follow), allowing me to put the crazies on this beast), Cyfa - thanks for everything! But in particular, the cranks (combined with jamabikes chain rings), though finding the bolts was unbelievably hard - not a bike-standard thread. Turns out they're 10mm, and not just fine thread, but ultra-fine thread! But sorted now...

Am a little worried I have left people out for postage I owe, in the hurly-burly of the run up to the wedding. Will check my PMs, but if I owe anyone anything, please don't hesitate to say!

So, rode it tonight - v funny! Rides fine, despite crazy amount of slop in the rear bushing. I like it very much.

Though I have plenty of cable, thanks to Cyfa, cce and Wilko's, I'm reluctant to cut cable outer as I don't have anything which won't crush it - therefore at the moment, there's no rear brake. Does anyone heading to Haldon this weekend have any cable cutters they could bring along? cce, thanks for the wheels, and Khane, thanks for the grips!

Am currently stuck on the 8th sprocket, as cannot fit gear cable, as currently short of 7/8 speed shifter, due to Cyfa's remarkably generous gift of a disc brake.

This, I guess, is my next thing to sort. Does anyone have thing uber-cheap?

Back