Viscount Aerospaces

Bendo

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi all

Newbie here. Probably can't post any pics yet but I'll try. Here are some of my Viscount Aerospace Victor. Recently flipped its original bars and am finding the position really good: lower than hoods but higher than drops, with good width for stability.

The cup holder is also important. :D b

Attachments

• P1030062.JPG
    P1030062.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,394
  • P1030065.JPG
    P1030065.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,394
  • P1030071.JPG
    P1030071.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,394
thats a nice viscount , are the forks alloy or steel ? if alloy consider replacing them as very prone to break without warning

thanks Biggs. The forks are cromoly. The aluminium fork is plain silver and has a sloping crown, and it was only ever sold on the top spec Aerospace Pro.

The actual number of reported failures of this fork were few, but the replacement program by Yamaha in the US (Viscount's US distrib) helped to fuel speculation. Oh, and it was nicknamed the "deathfork" which is something that sticks in people's minds. In recent years both Cervelo and Giant have both had fork recalls as a result of failures during normal use, but neither of those companies' forks got the nickname.

Seems it's a name that can only be used once. b :?

My first ever road bike was one of these given to me by my Uncle, I loved it but it was too big for me being only 12 years old (25"!) and all the bits were swapped onto a 23" BSA - far heavier but at least it fitted. :)

You're right there. There are even fewer here than in the UK as well. On a sad note, the Positron rear mech threw itself into the rear wheel and is now pretty unservicable. :cry: Whether its restorable is another matter. Its such a rare bit or kit that it would be worth hanging onto the bits for the time-being. On a positive note, I have a Shimano Crane derailleur like the one it's big brother came with. Just have to work out a thumb shifting set-up for the lever, as the Positron lever was for a dual push-pull cable. b

HI BENDO
if that cup holder is the right size for a can of boddingtons and a large straw you could patent it

P1030354.JPG

Here's a pic of the new "iteration". The DA gear shifter was adapted to work with a Velo Orange thumb shifter mount. Other changes: smaller ring (47T instead of 53T), VO seat cover, Honjo hammered mudguards, Nitto Dove bars, CR18 rims on Viscount hubs with DA Oro 5-speed cluster. Cup-holder not pictured. b

Back