Cadex - Single Speed Build

I can currently take pics of piles if parts. Maybe I'll do a build thread, as I always forget.

Looks like youre going to have a very light bike .Have you come up with a target weight yet :D
Use a normal chain ;) theyre seriously lighter

If you ever go down the Disc route ;)
Considering the forks i'd go for 160/160mm.For the rear ive never used above 165mm :? As said before its usually smaller on the rear. 140,150 155 etc with the larger being on the front for the braking power[much like a motorbike]
Not sure what the fork is whether its carbon or alloy but either way i wouldnt be using anything other than a 160 on the front[or 165mm if its a C2 set up].

At the moment I have no plans to make this bike with disc brakes - front or rear.... If it turns out as I hope there will be no need for them. It is supposed to be a simple light weight single speed.
Jamis Diablo - I've had a few Cadex's and I had the same plans, but never came to executing them.
I would keep the colour if the paint is still good, sanding them is a hell of a job, the blue ones are even worse then the one in the other topic you refer to. (I know because I sanded three types, including the blue one I still have)

your not wrong there!!!! I have been sanding for days here and there... but a wipe with some accetone and you can see it is going to look really nice!

Registered mainly for this thread. I have a Cadex which I was thinking of doing the exact same thing with. Would the OP be able to post some higher rez versions of his fork end drawings? Or PM me? b

Bendo":rfkw3c38 said:
Registered mainly for this thread. I have a Cadex which I was thinking of doing the exact same thing with. Would the OP be able to post some higher rez versions of his fork end drawings? Or PM me? b

I have PMed you a 1:1 pdf of the drop out - I would get the dropouts made without the holes being drilled for the bolts though. Then make sure the dropouts are a snug fit in the frame and then use the frame as a drilling jig to drill and tapp the holes for the CS bolts.

Attachments

• Cadex dropout.JPG
    Cadex dropout.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,689
Legend! Thanks mate. Too much of a noob to leave you +ive feedback, but consider yourself positively repped! b

Off to the painters

Quick update here - decided to sand the frame and go for a stelth clearcoat finish. All of the lugs cable guides ect will be black.

Off to the painters NOW!

Attachments

• Cadex Sanded 006.jpg
    Cadex Sanded 006.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,594
  • Cadex Sanded 005.jpg
    Cadex Sanded 005.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,594
  • Cadex Sanded 003.jpg
    Cadex Sanded 003.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,594
Love to see how this turns out, came so close to buying one back when they came out. Opted for a Marin Eldridge Grade instead

Latest posts

Back